QuickBooks is a user favorite owing to its amazing capabilities in digital accounting and book management. It mostly works efficiently with other programs on the computer due to its integration abilities. However, it does work out of order sometimes and shows the QuickBooks runtime error. The user receives it while either making changes in payroll setup, running a payroll checkup, or emailing the pay stubs to employees. More on the issue is discussed in great lengths in the blog below. Read it till the end.
QuickBooks runtime error can be particularly annoying during deadlines. If you need a quick fix for the problem, dial the toll-free number 1.800.417.5147 to get an expert on the line
What are the Causes Behind the QuickBooks Runtime Library Error?
When it comes to QuickBooks Desktop runtime error, there is mostly one reason behind it. When there is a conflict between the Microsoft programs and QuickBooks, the former interferes with the latter’s processes and stops or disbands the user task.
What are the Steps to Effectively Resolve the QuickBooks Runtime Error?
If your QuickBooks is giving runtime error, follow the solutions mentioned below to fix it.
Solution- 1: Complete the Activity in Selective Startup Mode
A conflict between the programs is hard to resolve as it could be any other software on your computer system that might be interfering with the QuickBooks process and causing runtime error in QuickBooks Desktop. However, you can try to complete the activity in safe mode. It disables all the applications running behind the computer, and the only application that can function is the one you want to run. Follow the steps mentioned below to go to the selective startup mode.
- Go to the Run window by pressing the Windows + R key on the keyboard.
- Type Msconfig and press the Enter key.
- As the System Configuration window comes up, head over to the General tab and select Selective Startup.
- Click on Load System Services and go to the Services tab.
- Put a tick on the box against Hide all Microsoft Services and select the Disable All option.
- Remove the tick on the Hide all Microsoft Services box and verify that the Windows Installer box is marked.
- Select OK and click on the Restart button.
- Once the computer restarts, go to QuickBooks and complete the task you were trying to do in the Normal Mode.
- When it completes, follow the first three steps again, but this time, select Normal Startup under the General tab.
- Choose the OK button and then Restart.
Solution- 2: Clean Install Your QuickBooks Application
To avoid the error in future, you must ensure that all of the QB installation files gets refreshed by clean installing the QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the instructions mentioned below to uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks effectively.
Step- 1: Prepare a Backup of the Company File
- Go to QuickBooks and click on the File menu.
- Choose Switch to Single-user Mode and come back to the File menu.
- Hover your mouse over Back up Company and click on Create Local Backup.
- On the coming window, click on the Local Backup option and select Next.
- On the Local Backup Only section, click on Browse and choose the location of the backup file.
- A test will be conducted by QuickBooks to verify that the backup file is healthy before you save it.
- Click on OK once the test completes and choose the Save it now button.
Step- 2: Open the Selective Startup Mode
For this step, you can go with the same instructions mentioned in the first solution to enter and exit the selective startup mode.
Step- 3: Uninstall the QuickBooks Application
- Click on the Start button and open the Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features section or just select Uninstall a Program.
- Under the list of programs, search for QuickBooks and select it.
- Click on the Uninstall / Change button and select Remove.
- Follow all the steps coming in the installer window to uninstall QuickBooks efficiently.
Step- 4: Run the Clean Install Tool
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Choose the Clean Install Tool button and let the tool run its due course.
- Once it finishes, exit the tool hub.
Step- 5: Install QuickBooks Again
- Go to the application installer file for QuickBooks (QuickBooks.exe) and double-click on it.
- The installer will open. Go through all the instructions and activate the application once it is installed.
We would like to end our blog on the QuickBooks Runtime error at this point. We wish that our readers will face no difficulty in understanding the technical language of the blog and that the solutions will help them resolve the problem. However, if it does not happen or you get stuck in one of the steps, feel free to reach out to the QB Prodvisors on the helpline number 1.800.417.5147 anytime to get immediate assistance.