Remembering passwords has become a critical need in today’s world, but due to human’s oblivion instinct, forgetting them too is obvious. In case, you forget your QuickBooks Administrative password, you need to reset it immediately to prevent it from people with evil intentions. QuickBooks password reset tool came into being to help users with a forgotten QuickBooks password.
How Secure is QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool?
With a massive increase in cyber-crime instances, it becomes obligatory to keep your accounts secure with strong password protection policies. Intuit launched QuickBooks automated password reset tool many years ago. With the gradual awareness about the tool, people started abusing it to retrieve a password and access crucial financial data from the other user’s account. However, QuickBooks made significant changes to lessen the instances of data-theft.
Besides, it is wise to change your QuickBooks file passwords on a regular interval of time to keep it safe from undesired intruders. Also, when you notice any suspicious action, perform the reset using QB password reset tool. If you ever forget your QuickBooks password, you can reset it immediately by following the handy tips mentioned in this blog.
How To Use QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool?
- Download the ‘QuickBooks Password Reset Tool.’
- Now, select the QuickBooks version that you have last used to open a company file. Make sure it is installed on the device on which you are going to use QB password reset tool.
- Determine which QuickBooks version you have:
- To determine, press CTRL+1 or F2.
- By performing the previous step, you will see ‘item detail’ window pop-up on your screen.
- Now, provide the versions used in the File Header.
- You will see different codes telling about different versions of the QuickBooks, e.g.,- V24 code-QuickBooks version 2014, V25 code- QuickBooks version 2015.
- Provide required information to QuickBooks:
- Fill QuickBooks company information and license number in the respective areas.
- Click Submit when you are done.
- The provided data needs to be paired up with that in Intuit’s system.
- Now you will receive the accessibility token on the same address as initial one.
- Open QuickBooks Password Reset Form that you have to use for password reset.
- Open your email to check the ‘token number’ you have received.
- Go to the QuickBooks Products menu and choose the QuickBooks version you have.
- Select the required QuickBooks Company file using the Browse option.
- Now enter your new password and re-enter to confirm in the respective password boxes.
- Click Reset Password to finish.
By performing the given steps, you can log in to your QuickBooks Company File as admin and access your accounting data. To re-use the QuickBooks password reset tool, you need to go through all verification processes again. To use the tool on a different company file, go back to the automated tool for QuickBooks Desktop, and repeat the same steps. If you need help downloading and running the tool to reset the password, then call QuickBooks Error Support Number 1.800.417.5147