QuickBooks not loading up is an infuriating error that takes place when you try to open the application. This error can take place due to several reasons, and an outdated version of the QuickBooks is one of the most apparent reasons. “QuickBooks is not responding when opening” issue can be promoted due to several other reasons; we will find and fix in this post. In the first place, you need to download the QuickBooks component repair tool for the error resolution.
QuickBooks not loading in Chrome? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430 and our experts will guide you in the error-resolution
What Are The Possible Causes Behind The QuickBooks Desktop Not Loading Error?
If you are trying to open QuickBooks, but it gives an error message that reads, “QuickBooks Desktop won’t open” then it may be due to the below-given reasons:
- When your company name exceeds the maximum character limit.
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.ini file.
- Corruption in the hard drive can also evoke QuickBooks not loading error.
- Damaged QuickBooks functions due to the improper installation of the application.
- Damaged Windows operating system.
- You are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks application. (Updtate QuickBooks Now)
What Are The Symptoms Of QuickBooks Not Loading Up Issue?
When the error occurs, you may experience the below-given steps:
- QuickBooks Desktop freezes when running the same program.
- Your computer responds lethargically to mouse and keyboard inputs.
- QuickBooks is unable to load the company file.
How To Fix QuickBooks Not Loading Company File?
There are multi-faceted reasons why QuickBooks might not open correctly. Sometimes, you select your QuickBooks icon multiple times and don’t give it enough time to load before your next click. Avoid this practice, and follow the below-given solution if QuickBooks not loading error persists:
Solution 1. Prevent QuickBooks Company File from Opening Automatically
- First, open the No Company Open window.
- Search your company file.
- Keep holding the Alt key until the file opens.
- After the file opens, get to the Edit menu.
- Choose Preferences.
- Next, select Desktop View.
- Then, click Don’t Save on Desktop.
- Click OK.
In case you still get the same error, move to Solution 2.
Solution 2. Try to open the company file from QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on the File menu first.
- Choose Open or Restore Company.
- Choose the type of company file you want to open.
- Move to the folder where the file is located.
- Select the file and double-click to open it.
If the error persists, you should try the following solution.
Solution 3: Utilize QuickBooks Tool Hub
In this procedure, we will run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. To perform the procedure:
- Close QuickBooks in the first place.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and download it to a suitable location.
- Now open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Wait for the installation to finish and double-click the tool hub icon on your Desktop.
- Now in QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Program Problems.
- Next, select Quick Fix for my Program.
It can resolve the QuickBooks not loading issue. If you are unable to open the company file in QuickBooks, try the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 4: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop Application
The damaged data file can also promote QuickBooks not loading company file issue. You need to check if the problem is with the company file or the QuickBooks itself.
- Press and hold CTRL key and double-click QuickBooks Desktop icon. It will open the No Company Open window if QuickBooks does now give an error message.
- Select the company file and choose Open.
Solution 5: Utilize QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the QuickBooks not loading on Mac issue is caused due to the partial or damaged installation of the software, then QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can find and fix the installation issues in the application.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now in tool hub, select Installation Issues.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait until the tool finishes its task and then restart your computer.
- Start QuickBooks application and open your company file.
Need Expert Assistance?
The steps discussed in this post can help you in troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop not loading issues when you performed carefully. However, if you are facing any difficulties, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430. Discuss the symptoms of the error and get QuickBooks not loading issue resolved immediately.