QuickBooks error 816 is a daunting error code that appears when you try to open your financial company file with the extension (.QBW). When the error occurs, an error message suggests that QuickBooks is not able to open the document [pathfilename] on the host computer. This error primarily occurs when you work in multi-user mode on a Linux server. Furthermore, an active Window gets closed with the occurrence of the error. In this blog, we will discuss QuickBooks error 816 and see its troubleshooting methods.
Encountered error: 816 while opening the company file? Our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.579.9430 can connect you with a QB expert for Quick Error Resolution
Possible Causes behind QuickBooks Error Message 816:
QuickBooks error message code 816 can be resulted due to several reasons. Typically it occurs when a QuickBooks company file stops coordinating with a corresponding transaction log file.
- When two users in Single user more tries to access a company file simultaneously
- When there is data corruption in the company file
- A mismatch between .QBW and corresponding .TLG file
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 816:
You may get to know about the QuickBooks Desktop error 816 by the indications that it shows after its arrival-
- Slow performance of the computer
- Error code 816 on your computer screen
- Active Window crashes immediately
- System hangs periodically for a few seconds
- The company file becomes inaccessible
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Company File Error 816?
The causes you have seen responsible for evoking the QuickBooks company file access error 816 needs to be suppressed to rectify the error. With below-given solutions, you may get the task accomplished.
Solution 1: Download & Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
You can utilize the Quick Fix my Program feature from QuickBooks Tool hub to fix common data file errors.
- Quit QuickBooks before you start the process
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub file to a location where you can easily find it
- Navigate QuickBooks Tool Hub to select Program Problems
- Now select Quick Fix my Program
- Wait for the process to end and then open QuickBooks again to access your company file
If it doesn’t resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 816, then the next solution might bring luck to the troubleshooting process.
Solution 2: Restart Your Computer & Server
Sometimes, it takes a full system reset to resolve the Intuit QB error 816. Follow the below-listed steps-
- In the first place, Restart all the computers that have access to your company file.
- Restart the server if your company data is stored on the server
- Try to open the company file that showed the error: 816 and see if you are getting the error message again.
Solution 3: Move the Company File To Local Drive
Make sure all users can access the file are logged out of the company file before you begin. Now, perform the steps listed below-
- First of all, Restart all the systems on the network
- Now open the folder having QuickBooks company file and Copy the .QBW file to your local drive
- Again, move the file to its original location
- Now attempt to open the file and check if this solution is effective in resolving Intuit QB error 816
Solution 4: Run a Full Malware Scan on Your System
If a virus or malware infection to the data file is evoking error 816 in QuickBooks, then this solution may resolve the error. The infections caused due to malware or virus attacks the company files and also hamper the performance of the system. Eliminating the malicious program can be effective in the error resolution.
NOTE: If none of the troubleshooting steps help you resolve the error then you can try running QuickBooks File Doctor for error resolution.
Not succeeded yet!
The above-given solutions are some of the most considered solutions to resolve QuickBooks error 816. However, if you experience any technical unease and need to talk with an expert, then you are just a call away. Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430, and our QuickBooks experts will assist you immediately with a relevant solution. In a minute’s notice, you may get QuickBooks error 816 resolved and get back to your day-to-day accounting routine.