QuickBooks error 6160 occurs while working on the QuickBooks Desktop Premier solution. The error can hamper your workflow and damage the operating system completely. When the error occurs, your system starts responding sluggishly. This is also known as the runtime error in QuickBooks that can hinder the installation process of the application. You may not be able to install the QuickBooks application when the error occurs. Read this article until the end to understand the possible reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 6160.
Getting QuickBooks Desktop error 6160 while installing the application. Dial our QuickBooks error support number (800)-579-9430 and discuss the error symptoms with a certified QuickBooks professional
What Are The Main Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Message 6160?
We are mentioning the possible causes in the below-given list, that can cause error code 6160 in QuickBooks application:
- When several add-ons and OLE controls are on your browser
- The invalid OS configuration can also bring forth QuickBooks error 6160
- If the shortcuts are disabled on your system
- Disables dependency service on your system can also evoke the error
- Insufficient permissions to turn on the software and the hardware equipment
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application. (Update QuickBooks Now)
If you are facing Intuit QB error code 6160, then keep track of the following issues to check the actual reason behind the error. After knowing the possible reasons that can evoke the error, let’s proceed towards the error-resolution.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Premier Error 6160?
QB Desktop error 6160 can be resolved by troubleshooting the possible error causes one by one. Follow the below-given steps carefully to resolve the error code 6160:
- In the first place, you need to close the QuickBooks application running on your system
- On your keyboard, press Windows and E buttons simultaneously to open the computer window
- Now hit on Uninstall/change program option
- Now select QuickBooks and then click uninstall or change
- The previous step will redirect you to the QuickBooks installation window
- Select Next and click the radio button against the Repair option. (The repair button can be located on the bottom of the screen)
- Click Finish
- To get the installation repaired, you need to reboot your system in response to the dialogue box that will ask you to restart the system.
Note: Keep in mind that the hosting will be turned off if you have stored the system file locally and using it on this system only.
- Now open QuickBooks file
- From within Utilities, select Stop Hosting multi-user access
- If you are getting the prompt Stop Hosting multi-user access, click Yes to finish the task.
Unable To Fix Error: 6160!
In this post, we have elaborated the steps that can resolve the this error code effectively. If you are not able to resolve the issue using the described steps, contact our QuickBooks error support helpline number (800)-579-9430. Our representatives will help you with the best assistance required in the resolution of QuickBooks error 6160.