QuickBooks error 61 takes place when Windows Framework or registry is not working properly due to some unknown technical issues. Due to this error, you may face difficulty while performing several operations such as updating, installing, repairing, printing, or sending out forms on different versions of Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 10). There are several errors in QuickBooks that occurs while performing some specific actions in the application, but error 61 can appear at any point of time using QuickBooks and it becomes quite crucial to resolve the error at the earliest. All these issues arrive due to hardware corruption or malfunctioning. Several technical issues may trigger error 61 in QuickBooks. This blog will help you with step-by-step assistance in resolving QuickBooks Desktop error 61 when it occurs.
Dealing with QuickBooks Desktop error code 61? Get fast troubleshooting solution by dialing our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error Message 61
Error 61 in QuickBooks can take place due to several reasons. Some of the most common reasons that evoke the error are listed-below-
- Irregular Framework activity is one of the most apparent reasons for QuickBooks error_61
- When an uninstalled program has its some invalid part left in the Windows registry, then the error may arise
- Damage in your QuickBooks company (.QBW) file
- When a Network Data file or Transaction Log file corresponding to QuickBooks Company file gets damaged
- Infected computer due to a malicious attack of virus or malware may also evoke QuickBooks error_61
- Accidental deletion of essential framework or registry page may also lead to the technical error in the application
- A different credit card or account number provided by the bank can be another reason behind error code 61
How to Resolve Error Code 61 in QB?
For various reasons causing QuickBooks error_61, you need to perform different troubleshooting to suppress the causes evoking the error code. Below are some effective solutions that may help in resolving Intuit QB error 61.
Rebuild Data Utility is an important tool in the QuickBooks that can resolve the common data damages in the company file.
- Select Utilities from the Files tab and then click Rebuild Data
- Click OK when you see Backup your company file prompt
- Wait if QuickBooks is not responding message appears on the screen
- Once the Rebuild data completion message appears, click OK to finish the task.
If QuickBooks error message code 61 still appears, then you need to re-sort Chart of Accounts list. To accomplish the task, follow the below-described steps-
- From the QuickBooks Menu bar, click List and then Chart Of Accounts
- Hit View and then select Re-sort List
- Now go back to your company file again and then verify it for the error: 61
- If the error persists, create a new account and merge it with the damaged account
See if the error is fixed or jump to the next solution.
When QuickBooks error_61 occurs due to the damaged file, you can restore a backup file to resolve the error-
- Find and click Open or Restore Company underneath the File tab
- Now click Open a Company File and then Next to proceed further with the troubleshooting process
- Locate the backup company (.QBB) file and then hit Open
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts carefully
- Pick up on the information that you get in Update Company File for New Version
- Click Update Now and checkmark the box
- Follow on-screen instructions carefully for taking the backup
- Once the file is updated, click Yes and save the backup file to a secure location
To suppress the QuickBooks error_61 caused due to damaged Windows .NET Framework, follow the steps provided below-
- Leave all the applications running on the background before you start
- Navigate the Programs and Features window and select Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and then Uninstall/Change
- Select Repair >> Next and follow the instructions given on the screen
- When the damaged .NET Framework is repaired, Restart your PC
The solutions described in this blog can help you in the resolution of QuickBooks error code 61. However, you can contact our experts if you feel any technical unease while performing troubleshooting solutions. Besides, you can get any and all QB related queries resolved by talking to an experienced professional. Give us a call on our QuickBooks error customer support number 1.800.579.9430 and get rid of QuickBooks error 61.