QuickBooks error 6000 83 is an erroneous condition in the software that prevents users from access the company file. Company files in QuickBooks are used to record all your financial transactions and bank transfers so that you can access them any time. These files use .QBW extension at the end of the file name. You cannot decompose a single company file into two different files. While opening your company file, you can experience error code 6000 83 and other similar issues that can be resolved by applying the troubleshooting mentioned in this article.
QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 83 is triggered in the software by some unknown cause? Get the access of your company file back by dialing our QuickBooks error customer support number 1.800.579.9430.
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83 – Explanation
When the error occurs, you will be notified with QuickBooks error message 6000 83- “QuickBooks was unable to open the company file” The error message also displays the causes of the error along with the right course of action you can fix the problem. While working in multi-user mode, the QuickBooks error 83 can be caused due to the configuration issues. There are many reasons for the error that pops up. Let’s dig into details-
QuickBooks company file access error 6000, 83 can be caused due to several reasons. If a user has insufficient permissions to access the network server then the file cannot be accessed and QuickBooks error 83 arises. It can be a missing file causing the technical nuisance. Permissions for Window users and QB Data service user XX is also mandatory otherwise the error-code may pop-up on the screen. Make sure that hosting mode is not running on more than one computer, which is an erroneous condition.
By troubleshooting the above mentioned list of the possible causes, you can resolve QuickBooks error 83. In case of any difficulty, feel free to reach our QuickBooks error support.
How to Solve Intuit QB error message code 6000 83?
First of all, check the possible issues with the file name and file path. Also, if you find any Special Character in the file name, remove it.
- Go to the File menu in the QuickBooks.
- Choose the option Open or Restore from the menu.
- Now go for Restore a backup copy option and then click Next.
- Select the backup location to Local Backup and proceed further.
- Follow the steps in the sequence- Open Copy Backup > Open and Restore A Company.
- Now in Save Company File window, look for any special character in the file name and remove if found.
- Save the file to end this procedure.
- Look for the QuickBooks error 6000 83 status and move to the next solution if the error continues.
When working on a multi-user environment, you need to make sure that hosting is not enabled on more than one computer. In this solution, we will turn off the hosting on all the computers that can access the file on the server.
- Open File menu in the QuickBooks.
- Now Browse the list and then look for the below-given options
- Check every workstation one after the other to verify that Host Multi-user Access is not turned on.
- If any of the workstations is hosting the company file, then select Stop Hosting Multi-user Access option to turn off the hosting. Also, close the company file when you have turned the company hosting mode off.
This solution can be helpful in resolving QuickBooks error code 83. If error exists Move to the next solution.
Running QuickBooks File Doctor can be helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 83. You need to visit the Intuit website and download the tool from there. Once, the tool is downloaded, run it to fix the damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files. After running the tool, verify the status of QuickBooks error message code 83.
In this solution, we will try to fix the QuickBooks error message code 6000 83 manually. First of all, you need to configure the firewall settings and make it favorable to the error-resolution. Check for the license permissions if they are right or not. Restoring the QuickBooks company file can also be one of the alternative solutions to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000, 83.
After following all the above-described solutions, you might have already resolved the error. However, if the error still remains in your accounting software, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks professionals, and ask them for help. To reach out the professional, dial our QuickBooks error customer helpline number 1.800.579.9430 and surmount QuickBooks error 6000 83 in no time.