The QuickBooks program lets its users perform various business and accounting functions conveniently. The application allows users to work on their company files and maintain their business data. But sometimes, errors occur that make the company file inaccessible. The company file errors are quite common in QuickBooks, and one such common error is the QuickBooks error 6000 78. The error code prevents you from working on your company file and hence, needs to be addressed immediately. If you are getting the QuickBooks error 6000, follow this article till the end. We are going to provide you with the possible reasons for the error, along with the effective solutions to eliminate it.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error code, reach out to us at 1.800.417.5147 and get professional assistance from our technical team
What Triggers the Error Code 6000 78 in QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks error code 6000 78 can occur due to the following factors –
- Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks and preventing access.
- Essential QuickBooks files like the .ND and .TLG files are either damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks installation files are either missing or are damaged.
- You are trying to access a company file that is already being accessed on another computer on the same network.
- Your Internet settings are incorrectly configured, and you need to modify them.
- The QuickBooks company file folder is either damaged or corrupted.
- The QuickBooks multi-user mode is not correctly configured, and hosting settings need to be modified.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is inactive or turned off.
- Various QuickBooks processes are running in the background while accessing the company file.
Some Basic Steps to Tackle the Error Code 6000 78
Before we jump to the troubleshooting steps, here are some basic steps you can perform to fix the error caused by some minor glitches and issues.
- Make sure your QuickBooks is up-to-date, and if not, upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest release from the QuickBooks Help menu.
- Use the QuickBooks tool hub utility to fix the issues within and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the Company File Issues tab.
Perform these steps and re-launch QuickBooks Desktop to check if the QB error code 6000 78 is rectified.
Effective Steps to Resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 78
If you have performed the steps provided above, and the error still pops up, follow the steps given below –
Step 1. Fix the .ND and .TLG File Corruption by Renaming Them
If your network data and/or transaction log files are damaged, you can fix them by editing their names.
- Go to the QuickBooks File Directory and look for the files with the .TLG and .ND extensions.
- Once found, right-click on the file and select Rename to add .OLD at the end of the file name as a suffix.
- Hit Enter and repeat this step for all the .ND and .TLG files to fix the damage and resolve the error code 6000 in QuickBooks.
Step 2. Suppress your QB Desktop and Open a Sample Company File
Firstly, press and hold the Ctrl key till the No Company Open window pops up and suppress QuickBooks. Now, follow the steps given below to open a sample file –
- Select the Open a sample file option and choose a random file from the sample company file list.
- If the sample file opens, proceed to the next step, and if not, you need to repair your QuickBooks installation files.
Step 3. Copy and Paste the .QBW File to a New Location on your Desktop
If the company file folder or the location path is damaged, copy the company file to a new location and access it from there.
- Create a new folder on your desktop by right-clicking anywhere on the screen and selecting New.
- Now, go to the company file folder and select the company file you want to copy by right-clicking it and selecting Copy.
- Paste the copied file into the newly created folder and go to the QuickBooks File menu.
- Select the Open or Restore Company option and browse your company file from the new location to open it.
- If the file opens, then you need to switch the file back to its original folder and rename it.
Step 4. Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and Perform a Quick Scan
If the QBDBMgrN is not active on your system, activate it to resolve the QuickBooks company file error 6000 78.
- From the Windows Start menu, go to the All Programs menu and choose QuickBooks from the list of programs.
- Find the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and select the Scan Folders tab to add a new folder.
- Select Start Scan and browse for your company file to initiate the process.
- Once the tool stops running, re-launch QuickBooks and open the company file to check the status of the error.
Step 5. Terminate all QB Processes from the Task Manager
Firstly, you need to login as an admin to utilize the admin rights and terminate the QuickBooks processes.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your server computer to open the Task Manager and go to the Users tab.
- A process list for all users will appear on your screen. Highlight the following QB processes and hit the End task button to terminate the selected processes.
- Once done, reopen QuickBooks in multi-user mode and try to access the company file to see if there are any errors or not.
Conclusion The QuickBooks error 6000 78 can be effectively resolved with the steps provided in this article. If the error code persists even after following all the solutions mentioned in this article, you might need advanced troubleshooting. Call us at 1.800.417.5147 to get professional assistance from our team of experts in fixing the issue.