QuickBooks error 557 can take place when a regular user tries to download payroll updates after upgrading QuickBooks Desktop to a new version. Streamlining the employee’s payment can be one of the most daunting tasks in a business. QuickBooks payroll subscription service can help you to make payments with absolute ease. To keep pace with the evolving technologies, and fulfill the ever-increasing user’s demand, QuickBooks looks for the new updates periodically. While downloading a payroll update, you may receive various technical issues. We will converse about the possible reasons behind the error along with their troubleshooting.
Trying to eliminate QB Desktop error 557 but don’t know how? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to get fast technical leisure
What Are The Possible Causes That Can Trigger QuickBooks Error 557?
QuickBooks error 557 can be caused due to the below-given reasons while updating payroll service in the software:
- An incomplete or corrupt update of the QuickBooks software can give rise to the error 557 in QuickBooks (Complete Instructions to Update QuickBooks)
- Corrupt installation of the QuickBooks can be another reason for payroll update error in the program
- Improper shutdown bringing forth Windows crash can trigger QuickBooks Payroll error 557
- Malicious virus attack on Windows system file
- It can be the faulty configuration of the QuickBooks promoting the error
- Deletion of essential files from the directory
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 557
When QuickBooks error occurs, it gives an error message on the screen, – “QuickBooks Error 557: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” If not resolved, you will see the error message pop up now and then on your screen. You may experience a drop in the Internet connection speed sometimes, but it is not always the case. Your system starts performing sluggishly on the arrival of this QuickBooks Payroll error code 557.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 557?
Note: You need to keep some crucial points in mind for the effective troubleshooting of QB payroll error 557. Make sure that you have active QuickBooks payroll subscription and updated payroll tax tables. Create data backup before getting started with the troubleshooting procedures to prevent any data disaster. Update QuickBooks to the latest maintenance release to avoid further issues after the Windows resolution.
Below are some relevant solutions to resolve this same QuickBooks error code without much technical distress. Follow the below-given solutions to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Use System Restore in Windows
System Restore tool in Windows is a very common yet effective way to resolve major problems in Windows. If QuickBooks error 557 is caused due to the anomalous Windows functioning, then this troubleshooting procedure can help.
- Loin your computer using Administrator user ID and password
- Click Start button and then Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore
- Now select a restore point you have created earlier or select one from automatically created restore points (The most recent one)
- Hit Next and wait for the System Restore
- Once the System restoring is complete, Restart the Windows
- Follow this link for a detailed guide on how to use System Restore in Windows.
- After the restore process is accomplished, restart the QuickBooks application.
Solution 2: Run a Complete Malware Scan in Your System
Running a malware scan on your system can help in the eradication of QB error 557. Many forms of malware can cause serious Windows problems, so it is essential to check your computer for malware or virus thoroughly. Also, clean your system junk (temporary files and cache data). Undo or reverse a recent change in the Windows system to avoid this QuickBooks error.
Seeking Professional Support for the Error Resolution!
If you have any doubts related to the troubleshooting procedures described in the blog or need complete assistance in the error-resolution, just dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147. Our qualified QuickBooks technicians will help you with the best solutions required in a given instance of QuickBooks error 557.