QuickBooks Payroll is a version of the traditional QuickBooks Desktop. This version is developed to ease the task of employees and employers concerning generating payroll and eventually paying the employees through direct deposit. Direct Deposit is a feature of QB Desktop that allows transferring the salary directly to the account of employees. In short, the hassle of paper checks is almost eliminated. But, the use of the feature requires setting up the account, and during the process, users have reported facing QuickBooks error 30114. Being an uncommon error, users get frustrated with no way out of it.
What is this error, and what can you do about it? Our Payroll team has listed all such details in this blog. And using the steps listed, you can manually fix QuickBooks error 30114. If you are unsure of solving the error without support, reach the certified Payroll Team on +1 800-579-9430
What is Payroll Direct Deposit Error 30114?
As discussed in the very beginning, Payroll Direct Deposit Error 30114 is uncommon. There is a low probability of facing this error but, if you are coming across this issue then, you must know what it stands for. QuickBooks error 30114 is linked to direct deposit and appears when you try to confirm your bank account by entering the two debits made by Intuit to your paying account. As soon as you try to enter your PIN, instead of seeing a message with Success note, you may come across QuickBooks error 30114 message with the following text. “Error 30114: Verification has not been issued for this account“.
Now that you know the scenarios in which the error 30114 can appear let us talk about how to ensure you do not face this when working on payroll direct deposit.
What are the reasons for QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114?
Our experts have observed that one main reason users face QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114 is that the bank has been unable to verify the direct deposit or the setup is incomplete. Therefore, let us share some immediate reasons for QuickBooks error 30114.
- You have already entered the two debit amounts for bank setup, and it is still in the process of verification.
- QuickBooks is still waiting to verify your financial institution’s account information.
- QuickBooks confirmed your primary bank account, but it is still not updated in the application. You must wait for two working days in this situation.
After you register your bank to be the paying account, within two banking days after the Direct Deposit activation procedure, QuickBooks Payroll will debit two small amounts from your account. Now, these amounts will be less than $1.00, and in order to complete your direct deposit setup, you must go ahead and enter them into QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
- If you are aware of these debit amounts, type them when asked by QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
- In case you have no update regarding these amounts, our experts suggest looking at your bank statement for two small debits made under the name of Intuit.
- If you are facing QuickBooks error 30114 again and again when entering these amounts and completing the direct deposit payroll setup, we suggest reaching our support team.
It is possible that due to internal issues or server errors, payroll may not direct you to enter two small debit amounts. In such a scenario, we suggest following the steps given below.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
- Navigate to the option that says Employees.
- Click on My Payroll Service, then on Activate Direct Deposit.
- Choose Enter Test Debits.
If you have used the above technique in the suggested way, you will not encounter QuickBooks error 30114.
In the above steps, if you do not see the Enter Test Debits option, then you must follow the steps below:
- Click on Employees after launching the application.
- Choose My Payroll Service and then Account/Billing Information.
- Sign in to your Intuit Account using the correct login credentials.
- Now, you must click on the Payroll Info section.
- Select Verify under the Direct Deposit Bank Account option.
- Type in the amounts and then enter your payroll PIN.
- Press the Submit button.
We hope by following the above-listed steps, you can get rid of QuickBooks error 30114. There is a possibility that even after entering the correct debit amounts, the error keeps appearing. It is important to let Payroll Experts handle the job for you at this point. Contact the support team on the toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 as they will readily assist you through this payroll error.