When you can’t get into your account, as you don’t remember your QuickBooks Payroll pin, trying reset QuickBooks payroll pin immediately. However, if you fail to carry out the process to reset QuickBooks Payroll pin, consider seeking technical help from QuickBooks support to regain access to your account.
For most of the small and medium-sized businesses, operating worldwide, QuickBooks Payroll is the center point of all their financial and accounting management. Because of its handy and comprehensive features, businesses are entirely dependent on this revolutionary software. In most of the cases, users save the pin in their browser/system, in order to avoid remembering the enigmatic combination and to escape from typing the credentials every time they log in. Moreover, users manage their crucial credentials using their preferred password manager.
If you are not able to reset QuickBooks Payroll pin on your own, dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to get comprehensive assistance
Pre-Defined PIN Requirements for QuickBooks Payroll
However, when you need to access your QuickBooks Payroll account from a different location on a different computer, you find yourself trapped, as you have forgotten your payroll pin, and the browser/system you are working on has no idea of your unique passcode. Additionally, you can have access to your passcode manager saved in your system.
Fortunately, QuickBooks lets you reset QuickBooks Payroll pin by following the simple steps and prove the authority of the account belongs to you. Currently, there are two different ways, which you can use to recover your forgotten payroll passcode. Before going ahead with the steps, let’s learn about PIN Requirements.
It is very necessary to know about the PIN requirements before implementing the steps to reset the QuickBooks Payroll PIN. Here are the requirements that should be kept in mind while resetting the passcode.
- Make sure the PIN you are creating must have 8 to 12 characters.
- Make sure your unique payroll pin consists of at least one numeric digit.
- Ensure your newly generated pin has at least one alphabet.
- Make sure your PIN doesn’t have special characters.
Now that you know about the PIN requirements, let’s move forward to privacy requirements and why do we need to have access to the PIN or QuickBooks Payroll credentials.
Privacy Requirements to perform PIN resetting steps
- Users need access to the Admin password, which must consist of at least seven characters.
- Ensure that the system or computer you are using has been used previously to send payroll data
- Users require PIN every time they attempt to send payroll data to the payroll service to validate the authority.
- Users need to enter the unique PIN whenever they want to access or print tax filed by the Assisted Payroll Service under Payroll Tax Center.
- Users require entering the PIN to validate themselves when they attempt to change any bank account information under an Account Maintenance page.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop application and log in using the valid Admin account credentials.
- Go to the Employees tab at the top.
- Under the Employees tab, you will find “Send Payroll Data.”
- Click on “Send Payroll Data.”
- Further, click on the Send button under the Send/Receive Payroll Data window.
- Now on the Payroll Service PIN window, click on “Forgot your PIN” link.
- You would be asked to enter your QuickBooks Admin password.
- Now enter the correct credentials in the required field.
- Further, click on “OK” and enter the new PIN for payroll.
- Next, click on the “Submit” button to the save changes.
- Congratulations! You have successfully reset the QuickBooks Payroll Pin.
Hope you find it helpful. In case you were unable to reset the pin, try using the second method. The second alternative to gain access to your payroll pin is nothing but contacting the round the clock QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.579.9430. The team of handpicked accounting experts can help you to reset QuickBooks Payroll pin in hassle-free manner.