QuickBooks works on the basic principle of providing the best-class accounting software to different types of businesses. Despite optimum efforts, the application fails to deliver a seamless experience to its users. A diverse population of its users encounters errors while installing QB for the first time or after they access QB post installation. One of these recurrent displays this message on the screen when it strikes the device – “QuickBooks Error 1638. Another version of this product is already installed.” Typically, the error is triggered by a damaged installation file or a broken or unstable internet connection that lost service in the middle of the ongoing process. As a result, the app may stop responding to multiple user requests, shut down suddenly, freeze on the desktop, and might also flash a glitch screen. Now that we have a clear picture of the error let us jump right into its fixation.
There are various ways to resolve QuickBooks Error 1638. One is to go through our entire blog, and if you are unwilling to do so, immediately contact our pro-advisors at +1 800-579-9430 to receive efficient assistance
Immediate Reasons behind QuickBooks Installation Error 1638
Here are some of the most common pointers that trigger QuickBooks error code 1638. However, this is an exclusive list; there can be other factors also –
- A damage in the QB installation file or if the program was downloaded from an untrusted website.
- If settings of the Windows Firewall do not fit the needs of the QB application.
- A corruption in the Windows or QuickBooks file may give rise to error 1638 in QuickBooks.
- The device is infected by a virus, or the user has downloaded a suspicious software.
- Incorrect or invalid entries are recorded in the Windows Registry.
- If previously the system was shut down abruptly or due to a power cut, the next time you access QB, it can display an array of errors.
- If a user who is not familiar with QB accidentally deleted QB files.
Read more :- A Handy Guide to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 40001
Helpful Solutions to Cure QuickBooks Enterprise Error 1638
After looking at the definition of QuickBooks Desktop error 1638, along with the reasons that influence, we shall move forward to the most vital section of the blog, where the error will be dealt with –
Resolution 1 – Alter Settings in Microsoft .NET Framework to Fix it
Microsoft programs are pre-installed in a device as they stimulate the functioning of web-based applications. One of these is the .NET Framework. It may suddenly stop working properly, leading to an error in QB. This is how you can fix it –
- Close all active programs and applications running on your device.
- Tap on the Windows icon and go to the search bar of the Start menu.
- Write Control Panel and select the Control Panel to move to the next window.
- Here, choose Programs and Features and then click on “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- From the given list of programs, choose the .NET Framework.
- Now, follow the below steps for both NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
- Check if the box beside .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) is marked or not.
- If it is not, mark it, hit the Save button, and reboot your device.
- But if it reflects checked, unmark it and Save it. Then, you must mark it and Save it again.
- Finally, reboot your device.
Resolution 2 – Make Changes in the MSXML Component in Microsoft
The Microsoft MSXML Component is needed in your device to run the application that is coded in Script, including QuickBooks. In this method, we will be repairing the installation of MSXML 6.0 along with QBDT –
If you are using a CD to Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Insert the CD into the drive and close the installation window that pops up on your screen.
- Navigate to the My Computer icon on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Now, move to the CD Drive folder and get inside the Third-Party folder.
- Here, you will find the MSXML6 folder; open it on your screen.
- For a 64-bit system, you must launch the msxml6_64.msi file.
- For a 32-bit system, open the msxml6_86.msi file.
- Wait for a few minutes for the installation to finish.
- Finally, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop and reboot your computer.
If you are installing QuickBooks Desktop from a file downloaded from the Intuit website –
- For quick access, save the msxml.msi file on your desktop.
- Tap on the Windows icon and paste this – msiexec.exe/fvaum “%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.msi in the search panel.
- Hit the Enter key and let the file complete the installation.
After Downloaded MSXML 6.0, install QB Desktop.
Resolution 3 – Make Use of the QB Install Diagnostic Tool from the QB Tool Hub
In order to fix standard installation errors in QuickBooks, the Diagnostic Tool is used by many users. Carry out the following instructions to do so –
- Download the most recently released version of QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s website.
- You can save the downloaded file – QuickBooksToolHub.exe on your desktop for quick access.
- Tap twice on the file as this will start the installation process.
- Follow the instructions carefully to install it carefully.
- After the process is complete, launch the Tool Hub on your screen by double-clicking on its icon.
- Move to the left section of the window and click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Finally, choose the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” option.
- Do not close the window until the tool has diagnosed and fixed your program. This may take a short while.
Once done, restart your system and open QBDT.
In this descriptive blog, we have learned that QuickBooks Error 1638 arises when there is a damage in the QB installation file. And the quickest approach to follow, in order to eradicate the same, is to repair the installation by fixing the MSXML Component. We hope that the information presented above proved to be beneficial to you. If that is not the case, we suggest you have a word with our experts to initiate a deeper check-up. Dial +1 800-579-9430 to connect.