‘QuickBooks Error 1612– The update installer is not accessible.’ This is the error message for the error code 1612. You get this error when you try to update the QuickBooks software. This could be due to various security patches or other reasons. If you are looking for the easiest yet most effective solutions, you have landed on the right page. Below you will find all the leading causes behind this error along with easy and simple solutions to eradicate this error in no time.
Overcoming such errors can be time-consuming, and its process can be complicated. It is always recommended that you must let an expert guide your way out of these technological glitches. For further technical assistance and best troubleshooting of other QuickBooks services, call us at ‘1.800.417.5147. Get in touch with a QuickBooks professional who will ensure to bestow a cut above the rest troubleshooting services
Learn The Reasons Behind The QuickBooks Error 1612
It is obligatory to rectify the justifications behind the errors. Since this is an installation error, it will restrict users from using all the latest versions and updates. And these could be the possible reasons behind it:
- The installation file or the update file is damaged.
- A virus or malware infection has entered your system.
- The company file may be either damaged, or some crucial components might be missing.
- QuickBooks is freezing, and you are not able to insert any input.
QuickBooks shuts down automatically.
One reason also could be that you haven’t cleared your junk folders. Permanently remove all the junk files and folders for the seamless performance of your system. Once you have picked the reason behind it, it will be easier to choose and implement an appropriate solution.
Techniques to Fix QuickBooks Error 1612
Since QuickBooks update error 1612 doesn’t allow users to update the software, assure that you have updated your Windows. Cross-check a good internet connection before executing the solutions. Firstly, restart your system, and if the error continues to show, follow the solutions listed below.
Solution 1: Install the ‘Patch.’
This is the primary way to overcome this error, and it is also certified by the authorities. By installing and resetting this particular patch, you also fix a few settings, which automatically eradicate the QuickBooks installation error. Here is how you can carry out the solution.
Go to the official website of Intuit and search for the patch.
- Click on it and then select install.
- Wait until the entire installation process is completed.
- Then you can save this program in a place where you can easily access it later.
- Open the file and cling to the instructions listed.
- Follow them and click on OK to save the changes.
- Allow it to fix this error automatically.
- If it doesn’t work, reset the patch and try using it again.
- Restart your system.
If not, follow the next steps.
Note: Always ensure that you have installed the latest version of the QuickBooks software. Apart from this, you have removed all the junk files and folders, you have updated Windows, and try restarting your system. If these essential solutions do not work, try implementing the answers listed.
Solution 2: Scan The QuickBooks Software Using The System File Checker
All these automated tools are constructed in such a way that they will efficiently remove technical errors. This software can assist in eliminating fiction problems such as unstable network connectivity, outdated versions, company file issues, etc. Follow the steps below to learn more about this tool.
- Install the system file checker and set it up.
- Open this tool and search for cmd.
- From the list of options that appeared, select command prompt.
- Click on Ctrl and Shift keys simultaneously.
- A dialogue box will appear, and you will need to click on the Yes option.
- In the search box, type SFC/scannow and press the enter key.
- Once you’ve inserted this command, the software will automatically start to diagnose the errors.
It will ask permission to settle these errors, allow it to do so, and reboot your system.
Note: Close all the applications running in the background as the operation of those programs may require more extensive network bandwidth, causing unstable network connectivity to the QuickBooks that halts its update process. Initially, close all the background applications and restart your system and then try to update the QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Fix The QuickBooks Software Settings
This troubleshooting step is divided into two stages. The initial step would be to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software to ensure that a clean version is installed without any errors. The second step would be to fix the software settings to eradicate this error.
- Go to the start menu and then search for the QuickBooks option.
- Press on the enter key and right-click on the QuickBooks.
- Select Uninstall, and then wait.
- Go to the official website of INTUIT.
- Search for the QuickBooks program and download it.
- Set it up by entering the correct credentials and following the steps to set the correct settings.
- From the start, the menu, go to the control panel, and then search for programs and features.
- Under the name option, tap on the associated entry.
- Select the files and click on uninstall.
- Then again, head towards the control panel option from the start menu.
- Go to Programs and features and select QuickBooks desktop application.
- Click on repair and move forward with the on-screen instructions.
- Allow the software to fix the issues and then restart your system.
Still facing QuickBooks Error 1612
These three solutions are proven to get you out of the QuickBooks error 1612. If these solutions fail to yield the expected outcome, reach out to our experts at 1.800.417.5147 and let our experienced and proficient professionals guide your way out of this problem.