QuickBooks Payroll program is developed by Intuit and is like a savior to satiate the needs of employees and employers. Its quality features have made it popular worldwide, but another thing that is the talk of the town is the occurrence of unwanted errors in the application. Users have reported seeing the uncommon error code 15XXX linked to the payroll update. And today, the error in question is the QuickBooks Error 15225. If this error has been hampering your payroll downloads or updates, then look no further. We bring you this detailed article to fix the error code 15225 manually, and by carefully completing the solutions listed, you will be able to remove the error and get back to the payroll download process.
Additionally, if you are short on time and want a better way out, we suggest calling the support team on 1.800.417.5147
What can Trigger QuickBooks Error 15225?
There is a list of reasons that can trigger the QuickBooks error 15225, and this section is dedicated to those reasons. This section comes before the solutions because, based on these reasons, you can employ the right solution to fix the error.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer configuration is restricting payroll downloads, thus causing error 15225.
- QuickBooks tries verifying the digital signature to protect your computer, and if it fails, the download processes get restricted, and a 15XXX payroll error code appears.
- General installation issues like missing program files and corruption in them can also be a potential reason such errors can occur in QuickBooks.
Assured Methods to Remove Update Error Code 15225 in QuickBooks
Now that you have covered the triggers for QuickBooks Error 15225, here are the solutions you can use to tackle the issue manually.
Solution 1: Perform the Clean Installation of QuickBooks
Clean install is when the present version of QuickBooks is uninstalled without leaving any traces of the previous installation, and a fresh application is installed on the PC. This standard solution will handle any error present in the current QuickBooks application.
Keep QuickBooks product details handy.
Since you must reinstall QuickBooks, there are some details you must keep in handy beforehand.
- You must have the installer of your QuickBooks version present on the PC.
- Additionally, the license number is crucial to complete the installation process. You can find this number on the CD package or in the Inuit’s confirmation mail.
- Note down the product year and version of your QuickBooks product.
Note: Use the account management portal to get the above information.
- Firstly, open the Start menu and type Control Panel in the search bar.
- Once you hit the Enter key, the Control Panel will open.
- Choose the Programs and Features option, or in some operating systems, the Uninstall a Program option is available.
- Once the system presents a list of programs, click on your QuickBooks Desktop version and select Uninstall/Change.
- Next, use the Remove option.
- Further, the Windows will instruct you to complete the procedure.
- Now, navigate to the folder that contains the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Double-click on it to begin the installation and accept the software license agreement.
- Click Next which will then take you to the option to enter Product and License numbers.
- Complete QuickBooks Desktop installation by following the on-screen instructions.
Solution 2: Modify the Internet Explorer Options
When working with QuickBooks to download data, a connection is required using Internet Explorer, and if Intuit websites are treated as a threat, the user may find QuickBooks error 15225. Therefore, in this solution, we will modify the Internet Explorer settings to fix the error.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Press the gear icon and choose Internet Options.
- Now, you must use the Security tab.
- Choose the Trusted sites option and then select Site.
- In the list, add the following URLs.
- For users with QuickBooks Desktop US Version:
- Users of the Canadian version of QuickBooks must add the following web addresses:
- Hit Close and then Apply.
- Select OK.
Retry updating payroll to verify if making the required changes in the Internet Explorer’s settings has settled payroll update error 15225 in QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3: Install and Verify the Digital Signature for QuickBooks
The Digital Signature provides the authority of an organization on the internet. If you cannot verify the same, you may see the QuickBooks error 15225. Here is the procedure that is going to help you in fixing this kind of error.
- Before initiating this solution, close QuickBooks and the company file.
- Open the Windows search panel and type QBW32.exe.
- Right-click on the file and choose the Properties option.
- Click on the Digital Signature tab, and in the signature list, review if Intuit.inc is mentioned.
- Select Details and then the View Certificate option.
- Navigate to the Certificate section.
- Choose Install Certificate.
- Keep selecting the Next button until you see the Finish option.
- At last, click on Finish and move on to reboot the system.
- Try opening QuickBooks and getting payroll updates yet again.
Still Facing QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15225
Our detailed article on QuickBooks error 15225 ends here, and we hope that after following the solutions, you can get the latest payroll updates. However, there is a possibility that QuickBooks error code 15225 may persist even if you reach the end of this article. Therefore you must waste no time in contacting the support team on 1.800.417.5147 for advanced troubleshooting guidance.