QuickBooks error 15215 can take place during a regular update of the software to the latest available release. In the middle of the update process, you will see an error message popping on the screen, and the update process gets interrupted. The error message suggests that the error has occurred as the server is not responding. There can be other reasons for this error to occur. To know the best solutions to the QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215, read this blog until the end.
Want professional assistance in resolving QuickBooks update error 15215? Dial QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 and get assisted by our tech-geeks
QuickBooks Error Code 15215 : Explanation
When the update error occurs, you will see a QuickBooks error message 15215 on your screen-
Error 15215 : Unable to verify digital signature
You will be notified that an error has occurred in the QuickBooks, and the application needs to be closed. One of the most apparent reasons for this error is that a program running in the background is interfering with the update and obstructing it eventually.
How to Determine That QuickBooks Maintenance Update Error Has Occurred?
You can identify the error 15215 in QB by the various indications that can be experienced after the error. Check underneath-
- Desktop gets corrupted now and then with an error while running the same program
- Windows repeatedly freezes for a few seconds at every time
- Error message 15215 every time you make an unsuccessful attempt to update the QuickBooks payroll
- Sluggish response of Windows towards the mouse or keyboard inputs
- Error 15215 pops up
What Are The Causes That Bring Forth QuickBooks Desktop Error 15215?
There are several technical factors that can interrupt the QuickBooks payroll update process causing QuickBooks error 15215. Check the below-given list-
- Deletion of a QuickBooks related file due to another program in the system
- QuickBooks is not able to verify the digital signature with the latest update files
- An erroneous configuration of the Microsoft IE can be one of the possible causes of this error.
- A corrupt download of the QuickBooks installation file can also boost the error code
- A malicious infection of the system caused due to a virus or malware attack
How to Overcome Intuit QB Error Code 15215?
Thus far, we have seen the explanation, causes, and symptoms of this error. Now let’s proceed with the troubleshooting steps to fix the error code.
Solution 1: Reboot Your PC In The First Place
Sometimes, all it takes is a simple reboot to resolve the issues related to the network or Internet connection.
- Click to the Start icon on your Desktop and navigate the Shutdown menu
- Select Restart from the list and wait for the process to complete
- If you are still receiving the QuickBooks update error 15215, then close all the programs running in the background. Is can be one of the possible reasons for the error message. If not, move to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Restart Windows in “Selective Startup”
Restarting Windows in clean-boot mode can fix the QB error 15215. Follow the below-listed steps to accomplish the task.
- Close the QuickBooks application running in the background
- Now, press Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard and Run box will appear
- Now enter msconfig. in the provided box and click OK
- Your previous action will open the Windows System Configuration Utility
- Select the radio button for Selective Startup and uncheck the box against Load Startup Items
- Click OK to confirm the changes you have made
- Now Restart your computer when prompted
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and download the latest payroll tax table
- If you succeed in downloading the tax table, go to the Windows System Configuration Utility again using
- the above-given steps
- Now checkmark the Normal Startup checkbox and then click OK to confirm
- Restart your computer again
If the error 15215 in QuickBooks is still not resolved, it means one or more programs in your startup are conflicting with the download and causing a technical glitch in the QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Verify Settings in Your Internet Explorer
In this method, you need to ensure that Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked in your Internet Explorer.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop in the first place and then open your Internet Explorer
- Now go to the Tools and select Internet Options
- Click on Advanced Tab
- Now you need to make sure that Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked.
- Click OK to save the changes and close IE
- Reboot your computer and try to update payroll tax tables to the latest release.
The above-given solutions can help to overcome the QuickBooks payroll update error 15215. For any technical assistance, you can contact our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 after that QuickBooks error 15215 eliminated effortlessly.