Has QuickBooks error 1327 become an obstruction in your smooth QB ride? Fret not, as we provide an easy-to-understand, handy guide with detailed insights about the issue. Look into the error description, reasons, symptoms, and methods to fix it effectively.
QuickBooks application is the answer to all complex problems of book management. Users worldwide have used it for their benefit, and its extensive feature makes even the most difficult tasks of accounting easy to manage. QuickBooks is available in the online version as well as in the offline. It is important to download the offline version of QuickBooks on the system to access it. But this is when the user may see QuickBooks Error Code 1327.
Without further blabbering, let us head to the details of the error and how to fix it successfully. You can also avail professional help by calling the toll-free number 1.800.579.9430.
What does it mean by QuickBooks Error 1327?
QuickBooks Error 1327 is linked to the QuickBooks Installation. At times when the user tries to get QuickBooks on the system through online media or with a CD, the user may see the error 1327 with the following error message:
The drive is invalid.
Invalid drive letter.
Before solving the error, you must know that for any installed software, the components linked to it remain in the computer in a particular folder or, as experts call them – Drives.
Usually, in a system, the C: drive is the one that holds all the crucial data, i.e., the system files. You can access a list of all drives on your computer using the My Computer or This PC option. Drives can be imagined as the rooms of the house with the difference that these are the bifurcations of the computer’s memory.
Since users face trouble installing their QB application because of QuickBooks installation error code 1327, effective and immediate troubleshooting becomes crucial. Disruptions in this process can hamper your productivity and can cause damage to the data. So, understanding every detail, including the triggers, signs, and other information, will help resolve the problem quickly.
Now that you have reviewed the Error 1327 Invalid Drive QuickBooks details, let us study other sections.
Why am I Seeing QuickBooks Error 1327?
In an attempt to fix QuickBooks error 1327, it is vital to find the right cause behind the issue. Based on the cause of the error, the right solution can be employed to fix the error code 1327 successfully.
- Your Windows Registry settings are invalid, which is one primary reason for the issue.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework is damaged.
- A virus or malware may have infected the computer, resulting in you getting error 1327.
- You may have used a CD or other storage device to install the QuickBooks application or attain a backup.
- You are not signed in as an admin in QuickBooks or your computer.
- Error establishing a secure connection with a network drive or the external storage device is another cause for getting error code 1327.
- Editing the drive letter of the hard drive where the working framework lies can lead to this error.
- The CD or DVD-ROM drive letter used for installation might be edited.
- If your Windows OS is outdated, you may face QuickBooks error 1327 when installing.
- System-specific errors can also result in this issue.
- Windows Firewall may cause blockages and restrict access, leading to the error.
- Damaged .ND and .TLG files are the culprits of this error.
You need to detect these issues beforehand to resolve error code 1327 QuickBooks. Let’s look into the outcome of this error that shows its presence in the system.
Signs of Error 1327 in QuickBooks
With an error comes specific indications, and it is essential to be aware of them so you can solve the error timely without facing data damage. Therefore, in this manual guide on getting error 1327 QuickBooks, our experts have listed the signs for the issue before heading to the solutions.
- The Windows keep on crashing when trying to install QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks keeps on freezing when performing operations.
- The computer responds rather slowly to the mouse and keyboard input.
- The more specific symptom is the popping up of QuickBooks Error Code 1327.
Ways to Fix Error Code 1327 in QuickBooks
Finally, this section will help you manually tackle the error code 1327. Go through the methods one by one to eliminate the issue without external help.
Technique 1: Repair your Corrupted Windows Registry
We will guide you to mend your registry files and fix QuickBooks Error 1327. Follow this technique carefully to avoid further damage.
- We suggest you create a Windows Registry backup before following this method.
- Now use the Windows key + R keys to open the Run window.
- Enter the Regedit in the command box and then press the OK button.
- The Registry Editor window will open up with the above command.
- You must look for the following key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Current Version\ Explorer\Explorer\ Shell Folders.
- Now locate the entries that coincide with the drive letter in the QuickBooks error message 1327.
- You must replace them with the C:\ drive.
- Click on OK to save the changes and then restart the system.
- Try installing the updates again, and see if the process succeeded.
- At last, you must reverse the above changes and reboot the computer. See if error 1327 QuickBooks persists.
Technique 2: Use a New Windows User for Windows Installation
The Window’s current settings can sometimes restrict the QuickBooks installation or downloads. Therefore, in this method, we suggest creating a new Windows user to fix the error 1327 QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps for Windows 10:
- Press the Start icon on the desktop screen.
- Click on Settings and then the Accounts option.
- Choose to Add an account.
- Enter the required credentials, and you will have a new user to install Windows. See if error code 1327 QuickBooks Desktop goes away.
Windows 7 or 8:
- Firstly, open the Control panel.
- Choose the User Accounts option.
- Next, select Add an account.
- Assign a name to the account by typing it in the Name field.
- You must set the Account type as admin.
- Next, type in the required information before selecting the Create option.
- At last, Sign in to your computer with the new login details. Hopefully, you won’t get QuickBooks message code 1327 anymore.
Technique 3: Repair the .NET Framework
If the above two techniques did not work in your favor, try repairing the Windows corrupt and damaged .NET Framework. Here are the steps to accomplish the same.
- Firstly, tap the Start button on your screen.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar and launch it on the system.
- Next, click on the Programs tab.
- Select the Turn Windows features on or off option.
- At this point, you will be required to type the admin account login credentials.
- Search the Microsoft .NET Framework and unmark its checkbox to turn off the Windows Framework.
- Restart the system and enable the framework again after getting the QuickBooks updates. You should not be getting error code 1327 QuickBooks after fixing the framework.
Technique 4: Erase the Network Drive
If you have corrupted storage devices, or even after moving the company file, you keep getting error code 1327, try deleting the network drive for resolution as follows:
- From the Start tab, find Programs > Windows Explorer.
- Now, hit the network drive where you have the shell folder and press OK.
- Head towards the Tool menu and choose the Map Network Drive.
- Further, you need to uncheck the option that says reconnect at logon to the Shell folder and then type the path.
- Press OK and apply the changes by restarting Windows and installing the application. See if you are getting error 1327 QuickBooks.
Technique 5: Ensure Proper Connection with the Storage Devices
Sometimes, you may face issues due to problems in connection. Therefore, make sure the cables and other things are appropriately connected to the computer. Moreover, ensure if you’re using a USB or flash drive to install QuickBooks, it functions and connects appropriately and does not contain a virus. Hopefully, you won’t be getting message 1327 QuickBooks Desktop after this.
Technique 6: Use the QuickBooks tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub offers several utilities that will help you resolve errors in the application. Errors may arise while installing, updating, or using the application. You can use the different tools available in one place through the tool hub. Download it as follows:
- Access the authentic Intuit website to download the QB Tool Hub installer package.
- Save the file to a preferred location through browsing or in the default section.
- After saving, go to this folder and double-click QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- This file will help you run QuickBooks installation. You should execute the wizards as they appear and accept the agreement.
- Once done downloading and installing, you can start using the tool hub by opening it.
The QB Tool Hub offers the following tools to rectify error 1327:
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QB Install Diagnostic Tool can help fix installation errors in the application. You can rectify them by visiting the Installation issues tab in the tool hub and clicking the QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
Quick Fix My Program
The Program Problems tab in QuickBooks Tool Hub will help resolve performance problems like sluggish QB behavior.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager
In the Network Issues section, you will find the QB database Server Manager. Use it to avoid the database server error.
Technique 7: Edit the Drive Letter
Modify the drive letter settings by taking the following actions:
- From the Start menu, visit the System’s settings.
- Go to the control panel.
- Hit the Administrator tool twice.
- Hit Computer Management afterward.
- Right-click the CD or Hard Drive on This PC.
- Tap the Change Drive Letter option.
- Select Edit, then the original drive letter.
- Hit OK.
Doing this in Windows 2000 should help you fix QuickBooks Error 1327.
Were you able to fix the QuickBooks Error 1327 successfully with this blog? If not, how about letting the support team handle it for you? Place a call on the toll-free number 1.800.579.9430 for immediate help and assistance resolving any QuickBooks issues.
Yes, you may face QuickBooks error 1327 if you’re using outdated Windows or have an issue with the Windows user. However, if this is the cause, you can quickly fix it by creating a new user and installing Windows updates.
Yes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub scans and diagnoses the application for various problems. It eliminates the same through its numerous features, such as Quick Fix My Program. Therefore, you can rely on it for the typical bugs and glitches in the software.
You can install QuickBooks when not connected to the network in Windows 10 as follows:
1. Launch the Run Window (Windows + R).
2. Look for Control Panel and hit OK.
3. Select View > Small Icons from the drop-down arrow.
4. Access the Network and Sharing center.
5. Choose Change Adapter settings from the left side of the pane.
6. Right-click every listed adapter and hit disable on each one.
7. Messages like the connection is lost may emerge on your screen.
8. Leave the window open and install QuickBooks now.
For Windows 7 and 8, take the following steps:
1. Open the Control Panel using the start menu by pressing the Windows Start key.
3. Launch the Network and Sharing Center option.
4. Select Change adapter settings from the left pane.
5. Right-click every listed adapter and disable it.
6. You’ll get the connection has been lost message.
7. Let the Window stay open and install QuickBooks in this condition.
Hopefully, you won’t see error 1327 after finishing this procedure.