Intuit developed the QuickBooks application to satiate the accounting needs of small to mid-sized businesses. It has some of the most versatile features but what sets it apart from other applications in the market is the presence of timely updates that takes care of minor errors in the application. Users must stay up to date with these releases to keep the application running smoothly. Yet, errors can occur during various operations, and the most frustrating one is the QuickBooks error 12045. The error appears when users try to download the latest updates in QuickBooks.
If you are someone looking for answers concerning QuickBooks Update error 12045, then this blog will be of great use.
Follow the instructions as they appear, or let the support team handle your case for a quick fix. Call the support team on the toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 now
Triggers for QuickBooks Update Error 12045
Instead of jumping on to the ways of fixing QuickBooks error 12045, our experts suggest using the list below to study what triggers this error. Based on the triggers, you can use the required methods to fix the update error in QuickBooks.
- Your system is not updated with the current date and time.
- Internet connectivity is slow.
- You are using mobile data and not the Wi-Fi network to download updates.
- There lie some configuration issues with the internet connection settings.
- QuickBooks is treated as a threat by the Windows Firewall, which leads to QuickBooks error code 12045.
- Your system has various versions of the QuickBooks Desktop application of the same year.
- QuickBooks’s digital signature certificate is missing.
- Apart from QuickBooks, another conflicting application is running in the background.
- The last run downloaded updates of QuickBooks is corrupted or incomplete.
- You are not logged in as the admin in the system, which hampers the download process of QuickBooks updates.
- Files related to QuickBooks are either corrupted or missing.
Methods to Deal with Error Code 12045 in QuickBooks
Now that you have a list of triggers behind QuickBooks error 12045, here are different ways that our experts suggest to fix it.
If your system is not updated with the current date and time, it can hamper the download process of QuickBooks. In this solution, we will review the system’s date and time and, if required, update it.
- First, locate the clock icon on your system.
- Right-click on it and choose the Adjust Date/Time option from the pop-up menu.
- Choose Change date and time and fix the present date and time.
- Hit the OK button twice.
- Hit the cross button on the QuickBooks Desktop menu to close it.
- Reopen the application and try updating QuickBooks Desktop again.
The Internet Connection can pose a significant threat to the update process in QuickBooks, and hence it is essential to see if the settings are in sync with the required bandwidth. We will look at various steps to do the same and eventually resolve QuickBooks Error 12045.
You must check if the Internet connection is secure, and for that, here are the steps you must use.
- Open your default web browser and open Chase banking’s website.
- An inability to open Chase banking means QuickBooks won’t download updates.
If you can access the chase banking website, then open the QuickBooks Desktop application and follow the instructions given below:
- Click on the Help menu.
- From the list of options, choose Internet Connection Setup.
- You must press the Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet button.
- Choose Next.
- Select the Advanced Connection Settings option.
- Now, you must use the Advanced tab.
- Click on Restore Advanced Settings.
- Hit on the OK button and then on Done.
- You must try installing the latest updates of the QuickBooks Desktop.
Points to remember while fixing QuickBooks error 12045
- QuickBooks update process can be interrupted by the use of Download accelerators. Hence, our QuickBooks Pro Team suggests that you disable these download accelerators before starting with the process of downloading updates.
- For users who have a dial-up connection, your minimum internet connectivity speed should be 28.8 kilobits per second (Kb/s).
- A user of America Online (AOL) must use admin log-in credentials for signing in to AOL. In addition, review the Parental Controls settings, as you should not enable them. You can find additional information on AOL’s website.
It is common to face QuickBooks Error 12045 when the digital signature gets deleted or is erased. However, it can happen when an application unwantedly deletes this signature certificate. As a result, Intuit is unable to authenticate the users, and hence the QuickBooks Desktop update fails. Here are the steps that you must follow to reinstall the digital signature certificate.
- If you are using QuickBooks, you must exit the application.
- Use the Windows Key + E keys. This will launch File Explorer.
- Click on This Computer or My Computer.
- You must double click on the C: Drive.
- Go to the Program Files folder to access Intuit.
- Open the QuickBooks folder and after locating the QuickBooks.exe file, right-click on it.
- Select the Properties option.
- Navigate to the Digital Signature tab.
- Next, go to the Details option.
- Hit the View Certificate button.
- Select Install Certificate.
- You must click on the Next button until you see Finish.
- On coming across the Finish button, press it.
- Reboot your computer and try downloading QuickBooks updates.
As we end our blog on the common QuickBooks error 12045, we want to list down one more solution in case the above steps fail. Getting professional assistance is the best way to fix errors in QuickBooks, and this ensures the safety of the data. So, for an efficient way out where no other method works, call the support team on +1 800-579-9430.