QuickBooks error 103 is an online banking error in your QuickBooks Desktop software. When you try to log into your online banking, your financial institution website does not acknowledge the provided login credentials and displays error code 103. QuickBooks is a highly acclaimed accounting software for offering many robust accounting features and functions to the small to mid-sized businesses. In contrast, there are some maddening technical issues in the software that can kill your time and steal your peace of the mind. QB error 103 is also one in the list that we will discuss in this blog.
QuickBooks Online Banking Error 103 Description:
QuickBooks error code 103 depicts that the sign-in credentials you have used to login into your bank’s website are not being accepted. In error 103, the bank stops processing your sign-in request and ask you to update your information on the product. Updating information prevents you from getting your account access locked. There can be several causes for QuickBooks error 103 message to pop on your screen.
The error message can display on your screen in the following scenarios-
- It can be the a missing cookie causing error code 103
- When .msi file contains bugs
- A required configuration is missing in your Internet Browser
- Approval facility turned on due to a denied approval
- Intuit QB error 103 configuration problem
- QuickBooks bank connection error 103
How to Troubleshoot Banking Error 103?
For numerable reasons known to cause QuickBooks error 103, there are various troubleshooting solutions you can find below-
- On the displayed error message, click on Verify your credentials link.
- By clicking the link, you should see a new window where you can provide your sign-in info.
- Make sure to Disable Auto Fill in Browser and enter your user-name and password manually.
- Now Log out from your financial institution’s website.
- Back to QB Online, re-enter your sign-in credentials in the same manner as you did in the bank’s site.
- Make a final click on Update Sign-in Info to finish the job.
Check how helpful is the solution in fixing QuickBooks error 103.
- Go to the menu on the left and select Banking.
- Click the pencil icon that depicts edit option for the account.
- Now click on Edit Sing-in info.
- On the top of the Window, tap on the hyperlink redirecting to the bank’s legit website.
- Now, you will see a new window on the website of your financial institution.
- Confirm that you can see various accounting information such as history, summary, and details and it will help you to access your account via the website.
Examine the status of QuickBooks error 103 and if it continues to occur, perform the next solution carefully.
- Choose Transactions and after that tap on Banking.
- Now select Add Account on the banking page.
- Use Search field to type or paste the bank’s URL.
- Under the matching results, you should see this option- “New connection with a different login”.
- Now enter the credentials manually to sing-in to your bank’s site.
- Now link QB account with your bank’s account and tap on Connect.
- After following the above-listed steps carefully, click OK to rectify the QuickBooks error 103.
- To begin, choose Transaction and then tap on Banking.
- Now make your selection for the account you want to stop or disconnect.
- Click pencil icon that indicates the edit option.
- Click Edit Account Info to proceed further.
- Check mark the box against Disconnect the account and finally click on Save to complete the troubleshooting.
Take a final look at the error 103 after performing all the methods devised to eliminate Intuit QB error message code 103. Make sure that you have performed the solutions with the utmost care and attention; the password is correct and entered manually. However, if the error still persists, fret not! Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 and get QuickBooks error 103 resolved in the least possible time.