QuickBooks Desktop has expired! This error message can come into sight when you update QuickBooks QuickBooks software. If you have the Intuit payroll service subscription with the QuickBooks, it will get renewed automatically. Besides, it is debited from your bank account or credit card for the renewal of the subscription. However, when this transaction fails, you may get an error message on your screen that reads, “Sorry, it looks like your subscription has lapsed”. In this situation, you will need to update your billing information or verify your subscription. In this post, we will discuss and resolve QuickBooks Desktop has expired error message.
Getting “QuickBooks Desktop subscription has lapsed or expired” error message on your screen. Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147 and get immediate technical assistance
What Are The Main Reasons Behind QuickBooks Has Expired Error?
Below are the main reasons that can promote “QuickBooks Desktop has expired” error message on your screen:
- When it’s been a long time you have updated your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- QuickBooks subscription is an inactive issue can also occur when you fail to establish a stable Internet connection.
- If the billing information or credit card linked to the subscription is not updated.
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error, and if QuickBooks is still displaying “It seems your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed for some reason” error message, move to the troubleshooting procedures for the error-resolution.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Subscription Has Expired Issue?
To eliminate the QuickBooks Desktop has expired issue, follow the below-given troubleshooting solutions with attention:
Solution 1: Update Your Billing Information
In the first place, you have to update your billing information in the Customer Account Management Portal (CAMP) to resume your services. To accomplish this task, follow the below-given steps:
- Visit https:camps.intuit.com and log into your account using the correct user ID and password.
- Now go the product or subscription for which, you want to edit the payment method.
- Next, explore the Product details for Billing Information and hit Edit.
- Update your billing information carefully.
- Click Save and Close when you are done.
- Sync your license and billing information online to finish the task.
If you are still getting QuickBooks Desktop has expired error message, follow the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop Software
An outdated version of the QuickBooks application can also promote the “QuickBooks Desktop subscription has lapsed or expired” error message on your screen. To get rid of this error message, you need to install the latest updates for the QuickBooks application. If this procedure does not resolve the error, it will at least streamline the troubleshooting procedure. Once you install the latest QuickBooks updates, check if the error is resolved. If not, try the next troubleshooting technique.
Solution 3: Delete Damaged .ECML File
QuickBooks Entitlement file (.ECML) has encrypted information about the QuickBooks Desktop installation. However, if this file gets damaged, you may get QuickBooks Desktop has expired prompt while opening the QuickBooks application. To delete the damaged .ECML file in QuickBooks:
- First of all, close QuickBooks and terminate all the programs running in the background.
- Now press Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard, and it will open the Run box.
- Next, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) in the Run box to proceed further.
- Click OK.
- After that, a new pop up window will appear where you can find EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. Right-click on it and select Delete from the drop-down list.
Need More Help?
This post can help you troubleshooting “QuickBooks Desktop subscription has expired” issue in the application. However, at any step, you feel the need to get professional assistance, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147. It will connect you to one of our dedicated QB expert who will guide you in fixing QuickBooks Desktop has expired error.