QuickBooks database server manager is a powerful utility in QuickBooks that helps the program to work in multi-user mode. You can share your company file with other computers over the network and run different versions of the software by using the QuickBooks database server manager. However, you get QuickBooks database server manager network diagnostics failed error while updating and running QuickBooks in multi-user mode. Several technical factors may evoke this error in QuickBooks that you can get to know and fix by reading this blog until the end.
Dealing with QuickBooks Database Server Manager Error! Dial QuickBooks Helpline Number 1.800.579.9430 and Receive Immediate Help Resolving the Error
What Is Network Diagnostics Failed Issue Related To QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
QuickBooks database server manager allows computers to access company files stored on the server while running in multi-user mode. You may get QuickBooks database server manager network diagnostics failed issue abruptly on your screen after updating QuickBooks. This unexpected QuickBooks database server manager error causes trouble while accessing QuickBooks company file over the network, and you may not be able to check your company records.
Error: Network Diagnostics Failed While Opening Company File – Possible Causes
Disabled QuickBooks database server manager is one of the most apparent reasons behind the arrival of the error. Several other reasons in the QuickBooks can bring forth the network diagnostics failure issue while running the QuickBooks database server manager. Check the below-listed points-
- Network diagnostics failed error can take place due to an outdated QuickBooks database server manager
- In can be Windows Firewall preventing QuickBooks from accessing the ports needed to connect with the Internet
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Error?
Now that you know the possible causes triggering QuickBooks database server manager network diagnostics failed issue let’s start the troubleshooting procedures.
Solution 1: Verify QuickBooks Database Server Manager Version with QuickBooks
In this procedure, we will verify that the same version of QuickBooks database server manager is running on the system as QuickBooks Desktop software. If the two are not the same, you may see QuickBooks multi-user error network diagnostics failed error message on your screen.
- Press Windows + R and type Services.msc in the Run box
- Hit Enter, and you will get to see the list of the installed services
- Locate QuickBooksDBXX and match the last two digits with your QuickBooks Desktop version
- QuickBooksDB26 for QuickBooks Desktop version 2016, QuickBooksDB27 for QuickBooks Desktop version 2017, QuickBooksDB28 for QuickBooks Desktop version 2018, and the list goes on in a similar manner
- On finding any difference, modify the version of your QuickBooks database server manager to match the version of QuickBooks Desktop software.
If the QuickBooks database server manager network diagnostics failed issue continues, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Utilize QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is an effective tool in the software that can fix damaged network and company files. You can use the tool to resolve the QuickBooks multi-user error network diagnostics failed issue. Check our blog that offers an intelligible user guide on QuickBooks File Doctor for you so that you may use the tool efficiently for various error resolutions. If QuickBooks database server manager error persists even after running the QFD tool, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
An Outdated version of QuickBooks database server manager can give rise to QuickBooks multi-user H202 connection error. Update QuickBooks database server manager by following the below-listed steps-
- Click Windows Start icon and type QuickBooks in the search area
- Now select QuickBooks Database Server Manager and hit Update
- Follow on-screen instructions with the utmost attention to install the latest updates for QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Wait for the update to complete then move to the next step
- While trying to access the company file after restarting the server, you will be prompted to update the company file.
- Backup the company file and update QuickBooks company file to the version compatible with the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
If the network diagnostics failed issue is still caused due to QB database server manager, then it is wise to save your time by availing professional assistance.
Still Getting QuickBooks Database Server Manager Auto Scan Issue!
If the network diagnostics issue persists with QBDBMgrN even after following the above-described solutions, then get in touch with our qualified QB experts. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 and brief the error symptoms you are getting. Based on that, one of our experts will start working on the QuickBooks database server manager network diagnostics failed issue so that you can get rid of this technical annoyance in the shortest time possible.