QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is used to resolve network problems, data-file damage, and various other QuickBooks issues. This tool can help you diagnose and fix various technical glitches, especially the error with a Company file shared across the network in multi-user more. It is also helpful in fixing 6000-series and H-series errors that crop up while you try to open the company file. You can download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool for free but it is available for Windows only and not for the MAC edition of QuickBooks.
To use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool, upgrade it to the latest version regularly and if you need help related to the app, then call QuickBooks Error Support Number 1.800.417.5147
What Errors Can QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool Fix?
Below-listed technical issues can be resolved using QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Various 6000-series technical errors such as- Error- “6000, -82”, “-6150”, “6000, -301”, “-6147”, “-6130”.
- Errors that occur in multi-user mode such as Error code H101, H202, H303, & H505
- Denied access to the QuickBooks database.
- Blank vendor list in QuickBooks.
- Poorly configured Windows Firewall.
- Errors caused due to damaged or corrupted files.
- Missing or a virus-affected QuickBooks file.
- Complete customer lists are empty.
- Numerable missing entries in the ‘Employees lists.’
How To Install QuickBooks Desktop Connection Diagnostic Tool?
To use QuickBooks Desktop Connection Diagnostic Tool, you first need to download and install it to your system. Below are some easy steps that can help you download this tool flawlessly-
- Before you start, make sure that no earlier version of the tool has ever been installed on your system. If a previous installation is present, uninstall before you proceed. The older version of the tool can affect the installation process.
- Close, all the programs running in the background, especially virus protection programs before moving further.
- Go to the official website and download QB Connection Diagnostic Tool installation package.
- Double click the tool icon.
- Once, the file is open, follow the instructions prompted on the screen.
- ‘Open the tool,’ and confirm that it starts automatically.
Important: In single-user mode, do not use “network connectivity option.” You can choose between ‘host computer’ or ‘Workstation PC’ based on whether you are the single user or working in multi-user mode.
How To Use QB Connection Diagnostic Tool To Resolve Issues?
After the successful installation of the tool, you are all set to use it for the error-resolution. The below-given steps can help you.
- First, double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon to open the program.
- Go to Utilities and then select Repair File and Network Problems (make sure that no corrupted file is open till now).
- Now, you will see a pop-up message asking your permission to collect your personal information related to the QuickBooks and its data. Click Yes. If you don’t see such a pop-up, it means you have already given the required permissions to the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Go to the folder having the company file that you want to diagnose using the tool and click Open.
- Select ‘Show advanced settings,’ and choose an issue from the drop-down menu that is most relevant to your current problem.
- Now, provide correct credentials to the respective boxes of ‘QB Login and Password.
- Open QuickBooks Connection Tool to diagnose the problem.
- Now open the repaired Company file to check if the tool has resolved the error entirely.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is a powerful utility of QuickBooks that can eliminate the technical hiccups preventing the program from functioning smoothly. This blog guides users to install and use the tool infallibly to fix several QuickBooks errors. But, if you are unsure about any of the steps or want to know more about the tool’s functionality, dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to get instant help.