QuickBooks this action requires administrator permissions message can come into sight when you try to open the company file through the application. When you fail to log in as an administrator while performing a critical task in the application, you can get “This action requires Windows administrator permissions” error message on your screen. The error can take place when the service running in the background to initiate QuickBooks.exe fails to perform the action in a correct manner. To restart the service, follow the full post and get the most relevant solutions.
Dealing with QuickBooks Windows Administrator issues? Dial our support number 1.800.579.9430 to get help from certified QuickBooks experts
What Are The Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Administrator Permissions Needed?
QuickBooks Administrator permissions needed issue can crop up due to the below-given reasons:
- When you are not logged in as the Windows Administrator
- QuickBooks folder permissions for QBDB2x are not configured properly.
- Damaged Windows users can also give rise to the need for the QuickBooks default admin password.
- Damaged installation of the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is one of the apparent reasons behind the error.
- When you are using QuickBooks Enterprise and another edition of QuickBooks for the same year, simultaneously on your system.
How To Troubleshoot “QuickBooks this action Requires Administrator Permissions ” Issue?
On getting QuickBooks this action requires administrator permissions issue, follow the below-given solutions in their given sequence:
When QuickBooks prompts you that Windows administrator is required, then the below-given steps can help you to run QuickBooks POS as Administrator:
- Reboot your system to ensure that no process is running in the background
- Now right-click the QBPOS icon on your Desktop and then select Run as Administrator
If the error persists, move to the next solution.
To perform this solution, follow the below-given steps:
- Press Windows + R and type services.msc in the Run window
- Click OK
- Now right-click QBPOS Database Manager vXX suitable for your QBPOS version and then select Properties
- Now from Startup type, select Automatic
- Finally, restart the service
If you are still facing QuickBooks this action requires administrator permissions message, try the next troubleshooting technique.
To modify user account control settings, follow the below-given steps:
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run
- Type Control Panel and hit OK.
- Now select User Accounts and then further select User Accounts.
- Next, you need to select Change user account control settings. Click Yes on getting the prompt from UAC.
- In the next steps, you need to move the slider in a below-given manner:
- Set to Never Notify and select OK to turn UAC OFF
- Set to Always Notify and select OK to turn UAC ON
- Finally, restart the computer.
If the issue continues to trouble you for QuickBooks administrator rights, move to the next solution.
To create a new administrator, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the Control Panel and double-click User Accounts
- Now click Manage User Accounts, and then click Add
- Next, you need to enter the name and domain for the administrator account and click Next.
- In Windows 10, select Administrator
- Click Finish, and it will lead you to User Accounts and then hit
By following these steps, you can avoid “this action requires windows administrator permissions” error message on your screen. If you need help from experts, dial our support number 1.800.579.9430, and it will connect you to one of our dedicated Pro-Advisors. On connecting, you can get the required assistance in handling QuickBooks this action requires administrator permissions issue.