QuickBooks error 1117, Today we will be discussing about one such issue that arises in QB. Also known as the System Error, users have to deal with this problem while creating a backup of their company file. QuickBooks is a well-known accounting software that has made its mark in the world of accounting and bookkeeping. However, there are certain hiccups that the application might have to deal with when there is an issue in its backend coding.
As a result, the program begins to malfunction as it stops responding to user requests. Apart from this, the inability to create the file backup results in halting the operations of the business. Have you, too, encountered error 1117 in QuickBooks? If yes, go through the complete blog to gain an in-depth understanding of the same.
You can resolve QuickBooks Error 1117 by going through our blog below. But, if you do not wish to move further, you must try this – get in touch with our certified pro-advisors at 1.800.417.5147 and receive exceptional technical assistance from our experts
Factors that Affect the Occurrence of QuickBooks System Error 1117
Amongst various reasons that could trigger QuickBooks Pro error 1117, these are the most commonly noticed triggers behind the same –
- The primary cause behind QuickBooks error code 1117 is the existence of an inaccessible company backup file location.
- If the name of the data file is longer than 65 characters, including the four characters of .QBW, it may provoke this error.
- A damaged or corrupted company file or Network Data file due to sharing over a network is also a prominent cause.
Tricks to Completely Abolish QuickBooks backup error 1117
After gaining some basic yet helpful knowledge about QuickBooks company file backup error 1117, let us move to the section where we will discuss the most effective methods that will make the error disappear –
Technique 1 – Verify that Windows Firewall is not Jamming Intuit Data Protect
In order to protect the computer, Windows Firewall tends to block multiple pages and websites, which may include Intuit Data Protect. Follow these steps to ensure that IDP is left out of the scanning process of the firewall –
- Click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Go to the search panel, type Firewall select the Firewall option to get directed to the next window.
- Here, tap on the “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” and then click on the “Allow another app” option.
- Hit the Browse button, move to this location – Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect and choose QBIDPservice.exe
- Press Open and in the Network types section, mark the box beside the Private option.
- Finally, hit the Add button and repeat the process for the following two files –
- Try to create the company file backup after completing the above steps.
Read more :- How to Easily Resolve QuickBooks Error 1326?
Technique 2 – Mention Intuit Data Protect in the Trusted Sites List of your Device
Including Intuit Data Protect as a trustable website in the internet settings of your device ensures that the system security that it is no harm in accessing these pages. This also ensures that no damage because of threat can be incurred from the same to the safety of the data on the computer –
- Open the Windows start menu on your screen, and in the search panel, type Internet Options.
- Select the option to trigger the Internet Properties window.
- Tap on the Security tab and select the Trusted Sites options.
- Hit the Sites button and in the “Add this website to the zone:” section, enter the following websites one by one and press Add –
- emerald.backup.com (a new trusted site that updates your Intuit Data Protect certificates)
- Untick the box beside “Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone.”
- Click on the Close tab and then press OK.
- Finally, try to access the IDP certificate site to check if the error has been resolved swiftly. If you are unable to visit the website, proceed to the next technique.
Read more :- QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error 19743 : General Troubleshooting Steps
Technique 3 – Ensure that IBuEngHost.exe File is Running as a System User
IBuEngHost.exe is a QuickBooks executable file that must not be running as a Windows user on your device, as this could cause issues in the functioning of Intuit Data Protect. This is how you can make sure that the file runs as a regular system user –
- Close all active applications on your system.
- Tap on the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys together on your keyboard to open a menu on your screen.
- Select Task Manager to view the Task Manager window.
- Click on the Details tab and locate the IBuEngHost.exe file. Check that the following conditions are fulfilled –
- The Status section shows – Running.
- The User Name section shows – System.
If the last condition is not fulfilled, that is, if User Name does not say System, follow the below instructions to rectify it –
- Download the newest available QuickBooks installation file from Intuit.
- For quick access, save the installer file on your desktop.
- Right-click on the file, choose to Run as Administrator, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Open the Task Manager again by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together and look for the IBuEngHost.exe file.
- It should fulfill the two conditions mentioned above.
- Later, create the file backup from IDP.
To sum up the entire blog, we can confidently claim that QuickBooks error 1117 arises when the company data file is damaged. And one of the greatest tricks to get rid of it is to include Intuit Data Protect in the list of trusted websites. If you have performed all troubleshooting and still struggle with the issue on your device, the last alternative is to contact an expert to look deep into this. Call 1.800.417.5147 to speak with our team of tech professionals right now.
Read more :- Effective Troubleshooting for QuickBooks Error 181016