Is QuickBooks error 1903 making it challenging to run QuickBooks? Do you know what this error signifies, why it appears, and how to eliminate it quickly? Worry not, as you have arrived at the right troubleshooting article. Keep reading this troubleshooting guide to find all the answers to your queries related to this error.
Installation errors are common in QuickBooks and cause glitches and obstacles in seamless functioning. QuickBooks error code 1903 is one such issue that occurs in QB. It is when the user installs the application for the first time, reinstalls, or opens it after a successful installation. Usually, damage in the program installation file is the most significant reason for the error. The daily operations of a user are hampered when QB stops responding to mouse clicks and keyboard taps. It may also display a plain white or a glitchy grey screen. Continue to read this blog if you are tired of the installation error.
How does one get away with QuickBooks error 1903? If this is the question that is bothering you, you are at the right place. Reach out to our tech pro-advisors at 1.800.579.9430 and indulge in a meaningful conversation to understand the best tricks that fix the error.
Related article — QuickBooks error Couldn’t Connect to Email Server
What does QuickBooks Error 1903 Mean?
Error code 1903 QuickBooks appears while installing QuickBooks Desktop. You may see it either during the installation procedure or after installation when you open the app. This technical or runtime error may emerge due to problems in the .NET framework. Some missing components or damaged Windows files can also trigger the error. Further, when your system doesn’t meet the compatibility requirements of QuickBooks, you may face this error. Therefore, look for potential troubleshooting solutions after considering the causes of this error.
Why do I face QuickBooks Error 1903?
In this section, we will look at some of the most influential factors that are responsible for the occurrence of error 1903 in QuickBooks –
- Damage in the QuickBooks installation file is the first and foremost reason behind this error.
- Running an outdated version of Windows or the QuickBooks program.
- Another reason behind QuickBooks error code 1903 is the presence of a damaged or corrupted Windows component in the computer device.
- You may see the error if a virus or malware invades the device.
- Accidental deletion of vital component files of QuickBooks.
- A corrupt Microsoft .NET framework can cause error 1903 QuickBooks.
- When MSXML and C++ components are damaged, you may face this error.
- When crucial QuickBooks files go missing or are incomplete, errors may emerge.
- The QuickBooks application might be out-of-date, causing the error to arise.
Verify these causes in your QuickBooks application and detect the root triggers. It will help you eliminate the error 1903 QuickBooks Desktop effectively.
Ways I can Eliminate QuickBooks Error 1903
After having a look at the definition of QuickBooks error message 1903, along with the causes that trigger it, let us proceed towards learning some effective methods which will eliminate the error right from its roots –
Option 1 – Erase the Bugs in Microsoft .NET Framework
Microsoft programs are essential in a computer device, especially when QuickBooks is installed on the same. Any damage in these programs directly affects the functioning of QB and may trigger error code 1903 QuickBooks Desktop. In this method, we shall fix the same –
- Close all the applications and programs that are active on the device.
- Click on the Windows icon and go to the search space in the Start menu.
- Type Control Panel and select the option to open a new window on the screen.
- Tap on Programs and Features and then Uninstall a Program.
- Choose the “Turn Windows features on or off” option.
- You will see a list of programs displayed on the screen; select .NET Framework from the list.
- Now, you must perform the following steps for the following variants of the .NET Framework –
a. .NET Framework 4.5 (or later)
b. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
i. Verify whether the box for .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) is pre-selected.
ii. If not, tick the box and press the Save button.
iii. Reboot your computer and check QuickBooks.
iv. If the box is ticked, de-select it and press the Save button.
v. Restart your computer and open the same window again.
vi. Now, select the box, hit Save, and then restart your computer.
Option 2 – Perform a Quick Fix for Microsoft MSXML Component
The MSXML component supports the smooth running of web-based applications such as QuickBooks. You must apply the below steps to fix QuickBooks error code 1903 through the MSXML component –
- Press and hold the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to bring up the Run window.
- Go to the search box and write Control Panel.
- Press the OK button to get to a new window.
- Now, click on Programs and Features and then select Uninstall a Program.
- When a list of programs appears on the screen, search and select MSXML 6.0.
- Hit the Uninstall/ Change button on top and press OK.
- When asked to choose between Remove or Repair, you need to choose Remove.
- Follow the upcoming on-screen instructions and complete the uninstallation process.
- After this, you need to visit the official website of Microsoft and look for the latest available version of MSXML 6.0.
- Download its msxml.msi file and save it on your desktop for quick access.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and perform the tasks that appear on the screen.
- Once the MSXML 6.0 component is successfully reinstalled, reboot your system.
- For better performance, you must also reinstall QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks error 1903 is fixed.
Option 3 – Execute the Repairing Component of the QuickBooks Tool Hub
QB Tool Hub comes to the rescue when all solutions fail to deliver results. The tool is beneficial in erasing the typical errors and glitches; QB faces as an integrated program. The following steps explain how you should run the tool –
- Exit from your company file and QuickBooks and close all active applications.
- Go to Intuit’s website and download the newest release of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- When the file is downloading, it is better that you save it at an accessible location like your desktop.
- Double-click on the file and complete the installation process.
- Now, open the tool hub and click on the Installation Issues button.
- Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and allow the tool to run a scan and fix your file.
- This feature checks for bugs like QuickBooks message code 1903 that entered your device during the installation process.
- Reboot your computer and launch QuickBooks.
Option 4 – Update your Windows OS
Updating your Windows operating system can fix the installation errors responsible for getting error code 1903 QuickBooks:
- Tap the Windows icon on the keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Type Update in the search field.
- The Windows Security updates and more will appear.
- Click the Check for updates option.
- If any updates are available, install them on the system.
- After the update ends, you can restart your system.
- If QuickBooks could open before getting the error, launch it along with the company file.
- If QuickBooks couldn’t install before, try installing it again.
If you continue getting error 1903 QuickBooks, you need to move to the subsequent method.
Option 5 – Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup
Sometimes, the installation process doesn’t complete or gets glitches because of third-party interferences. For example, antivirus and antispyware programs can block access to QB, interrupting its installation. In such cases, you should switch to selective startup and install QuickBooks.
However, before implementing this method, take the following steps:
- Take a backup of your company file as a first step.
- Note down the QuickBooks product and license information somewhere else for later use.
Selective Startup ensures no other apps come your way. You can take expert help if the steps aren’t practical for you. The steps to switch to selective startup are as follows:
- Open the Run Window (Windows + R) through the keyboard.
- Type msconfig and hit OK.
- Choose the Selective Startup option and Load System Services in the General tab.
- Now, head to the Services tab. Hit the Hide All Microsoft Services option that you can see on your screen.
- Tap Disable All.
- Now, uncheck the Hide all Microsoft Services option.
- Click Windows Installer from the services list.
- Tap OK and hit Restart from the System Configuration window.
If QuickBooks Desktop is not installed on your system, you can follow the steps given below to do so. However, if it is there but is not opening, you can try uninstalling it as follows:
- Go to Control Panel from the Start menu.
- You’ll find the Programs and Features section in the Control Panel window. Further, there’s an Uninstall a program option under it.
- Click it, and you’ll get a list of programs installed on your device.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop from the list and follow the wizards for uninstallation.
- Finish the process, and you’re good to proceed with reinstallation.
For reinstallation and to stop getting message 1903 QuickBooks Desktop, you can do the following:
- Download the QuickBooks application package from the official sources.
- Save the file and access it to begin installing.
- Follow all the prompts correctly and ensure complete network connectivity throughout the process.
- Accept the terms and conditions, enter the information requested, and set up the application for seamless use.
After you are done installing QuickBooks, you can return to the normal mode as follows:
- Launch the Run Window (Windows + R) and type msconfig in the search field.
- Choose Normal Startup in the General tab.
- Hit OK and restart your system from the system configuration window.
Option 6 – Repair QuickBooks Application
You can fix the installation errors in the QuickBooks application by repairing them from the control panel. Do so as follows:
- Access your system’s control panel from the Start menu.
- Tap Programs and Features, followed by Uninstall a program under it.
- You’ll arrive at the currently installed applications list on the system.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
- Further, click the Repair/ Change option available with the uninstall option.
- Follow the on-screen wizards for the repair procedure.
- After the QuickBooks app gets repaired, you can restart your system from the configuration window.
- Open the QuickBooks application and see if you still get QuickBooks error 1903 after this.
You can also read — QuickBooks 2019 End of Life.
In this blog, we understood that QuickBooks error 1903 arises if the Microsoft component of the device is damaged. Also, there are multiple ways to abolish the error, and fixing the MSXML component is the most common yet reliable method. Hopefully, you can deal with the error after completing the above blog. However, if you feel stuck at any point or need a professional to help you, connect with our support team at 800-579-9430 right now.
When QuickBooks error 1903 strikes the system, the following signs will help you recognize its presence:
1. You cannot complete the QuickBooks installation. Further, you can’t open QuickBooks after the installation finishes.
2.Windows may lag, freeze, or crash suddenly.
3. Other running apps may face the same fate, including sluggish behavior.
4. QuickBooks won’t be accessible and may crash frequently.
5. You may have difficulty getting responses from the mouse and keyboard commands.
You should keep the following things in mind before implementing solutions to use QuickBooks error 1903:
1. Back up your existing files, so you don’t lose them.
2. Keep the product and license information handy to enter after reinstallation.
3. Look at the causes and detect what triggers the error.
You can eliminate QB error 1903 through the following solutions:
1. Use the clean install tool and switch to selective startup for installation or reinstallation.
2. In QuickBooks Tool Hub, turn to the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve error 1903.
3. Repair the Microsoft MSXML and C++ components.
4. Fix the .NET Framework to repair error 1903.
5. Update your Windows Operating System to maintain compatibility with QB.