“POS got stuck for a second” is an error message pop up, that can come into sight when a user tries to open QuickBooks Point Of Sale. Outdated QuickBooks POS is one of the most apparent reasons behind the error. When the error occurs, it gives an error message, “Sorry, QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale got stuck and didn’t respond to your request. Please try again.” The error typically takes place while processing credit cards or running a financial exchange with QuickBooks. Here in this post, we will discuss the primary causes behind this QuickBooks POS error along with some handy troubleshooting steps.
Facing POS got stuck for a second error message on your screen? Dial our support number (800)-579-9430 to get help from certified experts
Things To Keep In Mind Before You Fix POS Got Stuck For A Second Issue
Before getting started with the POS got stuck for a second error-resolution process, you need to consider the below-given points to make the process smoother and more efficient:
- QuickBooks Point of Sale is updated to the latest maintenance release (Update QuickBooks Now)
- Make sure to fulfill the complete system requirements needed to run QuickBooks POS 18.0 smoothly
How To Fix “POS Got Stuck For A Second And Need To Be Closed” Error Message?
When “QuickBooks freezes with “POS got stuck for a second” error message, then following the below-given steps can help in the error-resolution:
Solution 1: If QuickBooks POS Got Stuck Error Occurs When POS Is Not Running As Windows Admin
Insufficient Windows admin permissions can also give rise to POS got stuck for a second issue while processing credit card payments. To resolve this issue:
- Download the utility and save it to a suitable location on your Desktop.
- Now you need to ensure that QuickBooks POS is installed on each server and client workstation and will process credit cards.
- Right-click QBPOSAdminUtility.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Wait until the utility runs successfully and then select OK to finish.
- Open QuickBooks POS again, and try to process credit cards and check if the error persists.
Solution 2: When QuickBooks POS Is On Your Computer “POS Got Stuck” Issue Occur
To resolve POS got stuck for a second issue, then you need to follow the below-given steps:
- In the first place, you need to create a backup and then restore to a different file backup file in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- Run Verify Data utility to identify an issue with the QuickBooks company file and then compress the database
- Performing a clean reinstall for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale can help in the error resolution if it being caused due to the damaged installation of the QuickBooks Desktop installation
- Test using a New Windows User (Windows 10 or Windows 8/7).
Solution 3: When You Have QuickBooks POS On Multiple Computer
If you have multiple computers with POS and “POS got stuck for a second” issue arrives, then you need to make sure that you have a strong and stable Internet connection. After that, perform all the procedures described in Solution 2 to resolve the issue.
Solution 4: If You Receive The Error Message When Accessing Your Item List
In the given scenario, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the Item list and then remove the Tax Code column
- Now in QuickBooks POS, create a backup, then restore to different file backup location
- Finally, run Verify Data utility then compress the company file
This post is a deliberate attempt to help users facing QuickBooks POSgot stuck issue with some easy troubleshooting solutions. However, if you have any doubt in your mind, feel free to dial our helpline number (800)-579-9430 to get support from certified experts. In no time, you will be connected with our certified experts, whom you can describe the POS got stuck for a second error and get relevant assistance.