The reconciliation process helps maintain a secure record and ensures that the transactions specified in the QB application coincide with your bank and credit card reports. If there are specific errors in the above verification, it can result in certain discrepancies to occur. QuickBooks has the benefit of efficiently reconciling the bank accounts, but at times QuickBooks crashes while reconciling accounts, creating a barrier to application’s working.
QuickBooks crashing after a reconciliation report shows that you need to repair the company data file. In cases where you cannot fix the data, restoring a backup might work. Corrupt data may slow down the software and crash it. Thus, repairing the software installs any available updates, and fix corrupt data files that correct the problem. In this blog, we will figure out the troubleshooting steps to solve the error QuickBooks crashes while reconciling accounts.
If you are experiencing “QuickBooks crashes while reconciling accounts” error and need immediate technical assistance, give us a call on our support number 1.800.579.9430
Reasons behind QuickBooks Freezes while reconciling:
- Some files are not being cleaned up, and thus, you cannot access the window appropriately.
- Outdated Operating System
- The tabs running in the background use regular data and space that creates trouble in opening the QuickBooks.
Symptoms when QuickBooks crashes while reconciling accounts:
- A damaged printer file may cause QuickBooks crashing. If you print the reports after reconciliation, then repairing the PDF and print drivers may solve your errors.
- You may need to install a missing component. In some cases, QuickBooks will not crash, but instead, stop responding when trying to reconcile your accounts.
- Unrecoverable error messages may also result in a program crash.
Solutions of the error QuickBooks crashes while reconciling accounts:
Solution1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
- Open the official Intuit website and download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- A prompt pops up on your screen, asking you to choose a location for saving the data.
- Save the file on your desktop screen.
- Run the QBInstall tool on your computer.
- Make sure that you download the updates for all the components of your QB.
- Restart your computer and save the changes.
Solution 2: Another quick fix to QuickBooks Freezes while reconciling could be clearing up the system cache and temporary files.
Solution 3: Make changes in the preferences of Adobe Reader
- Open Adobe Reader and from under the Edit tab select Preferences.
- Click the Internet option from the left side panel and unmark the Display PDF in Browser checkbox.
- Click OK and exit Adobe Reader.
- Try to run the reports once again in QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Print and PDF Repair Tool
- Install and run the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool to repair any error with the installation of Adobe Reader.
- Run the utility, stop your QuickBooks installation, and reopen it.
- Load the reconciliation report that was causing the issues and attempt to print or rerun the report.
- If you continue to experience issues, reboot your system and any other computers that might house the data for your QuickBooks software.
- At times, a simple reboot can fix the problem.
Solution 5: Reinstall XPS Writer
- The XPS Document Writer might cause issues with your installation causing it to crash while viewing reports.
- If you can access the XPS writer from outside QuickBooks, by printing a Web page and selecting the “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” from the printer list, you likely do not have an issue with the XPS writer.
- If the XPS writer does not display in the drop-down menu or you receive an error, reinstall it using the installation media that accompanied your Microsoft Office software.
- Reboot your computer and attempt to run the reconciliation report.
Solution 6: Reconcile Screen
- Check whether the reconcile screen displays on the screen while running a report.
- If you do not see the reconciliation screen, close the software and try to rerun the report.
- Each of these problems can be resolved by repairing your QuickBooks installation and files.
- After completing the repairs, if you still cannot resolve the issue, contact QuickBooks Support for help from a technician.
- The Support Team might charge a fee, depending on your subscription, but they can help you resolve many problems specific to your system.
The confusion of QuickBooks Freezes when reconciling can leave the user irritated if any of the essential aspects of the “QuickBooks crashes while reconciling accounts” resolution steps is ignored or not performed correctly. In such a situation, you can take professional assistance by dialing our support number 1.800.579.9430