Intuit Data Protect safeguards your crucial financial data by utilizing advanced encryption security standards. It protects your data against the susceptibility towards loss, damage, or corruption. This utility is compatible with QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later versions of the software. However, you may see an error message “Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working” while backing up your data with Intuit Data Protect (IDP). Several reasons in QuickBooks may evoke Intuit backup not working issue. Read this blog until the end to find and troubleshoot common Intuit data protect IDP problems.
Intuit Data Protect is not showing up? Dial our QuickBooks error support number (1.800.579.9430 to get all your queries related to Intuit Data Protect resolved
Common Instances Of Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Errors
Due to faulty Windows Firewall settings, you may see various instances of Intuit Data Protect issues when trying to back up your company data. Check the below-given list-
- Intuit Data Protect is no longer working
- Unable to find IDP icon from Windows taskbar
- Scheduled IDP backup is not working
- Intuit Data Protect is not on my computer
- Error 305 occurs while backing up with IDT
- Intuit Data Protect is not showing up
- Intuit Data Protect backup failed due to Firewall or Internet connectivity problem
- Intuit Data Protect no longer starts automatically
- Login error in Intuit Data Protect IDT
- Intuit Online backup not working
- Intuit Data Protect issues caused due to the erroneous data file
- Incorrect installation of the Intuit Data Protect
If you are facing any of the issues while using the Intuit Data Protect utility, then you need to see the possible causes that may trigger the nuisance.
Keeping track of the possible reasons behind the error can be handy in the error-resolution. Below are the reasons that can promote Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working error message.
- Outdated versions of QuickBooks application or Intuit Data Protect
- If IDP or Intuit related websites are not marked trusted in your Internet settings
- It can be your Windows Firewall preventing QuickBooks or IDP to connect with the Internet due to security reasons
- A corrupted or outdated version of Mocrosoft.NET is installed in your system can also bring forth to the Intuit
- Data Protect has Stopped Working error
- Incorrect login credentials used for IDP
- When you are unable to find IDP services from Search programs and files option of Windows
How To Troubleshoot IDP Suddenly Stops Working or Backup Failed Issue?
If you can’t back up with Intuit Data Protect, your data is prone to accidental deletion or loss. To fix the IDP error in QuickBooks, follow the below-described solutions-
Intuit Data Protect has stopped working issue may arise due to outdated versions of the QuickBooks Desktop application and Intuit Data Protect. Check how to Update QuickBooks Desktop and when you see Update Now tab, scroll down and checkmark the Data Protect option. If the Intuit Data Protect appears again in QuickBooks, then move to the next solution.
The IBuEngHost.exe File should run as a System user for the efficient functioning of the Intuit Data Protect. Make sure that the file is not running as a Windows user. To check this-
- Right-click the Windows Taskbar and then select Start Task Manager from Drop-down list
- Select Details tab and locate IBuEngHost.exe, and there you need to check if it has “User name-System” & “Status-running.” If not, follow these steps-
- Download a new installer for QuickBooks Desktop version and save it to the location, where you may easily find it
- Now right-click the installer from its location and select Run as Administrator from list
- Now go ahead with the re-installation process
- Once the installation is finished, look for IBuEngHost.exe in Task Manager again and check the same criteria specified above for BuEngHost.exe file
Try to backup your data with Data Protect. If you are not able to backup using IDP, then jump to the next solution.
Intuit Data Protect needs to access your company file for the efficient backup process. You need to ensure that the important files are allowed for the Windows Firewall.
- Click Windows Start icon and insert Firewall in the search field
- Now select Allow an app through Windows Firewall > Allow another app
- Click Browse, locate QBIDPservice.exe and then click Open
- Select Network Types and then checkmark the box for Private.
- Next, click Add
- Again Browse and Open IBUenghost.exe and IntuitDataProtect.exe.
Make sure that you see the message “the file already exist” at the end of the procedure.
Follow the instructions provided in the article How do I add a site to my “trusted sites” list and use the explained procedure to add the following Intuit Domains to IE-
Still Facing Intuit Data Protect has stopped Working
If Intuit Data Protect is still not working after following all the troubleshooting procedures, then dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 to discuss your technical unease or other query related to the error. Your dedicated QB professional will determine the actual cause for the error and fix immediately so that you don’t have to see Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working error again.