Intuit Data Protect is a powerful utility that protects your crucial financial data against corruption, loss, and various other security threats. The advanced security encryption standards of the IDP ensure the utmost security to your QuickBooks data. However, Intuit Data Protect error can penetrate this data protection shield with an error message “Intuit Data Protect has stopped working.” To resolve this technical annoyance, you need to understand the possible causes behind the error and their possible troubleshooting. Here in this blog, you can get to know everything about the “Intuit Data Protect Error” to resolve it like a pro.
Can’t backup with intuit Data Protect? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to get the most relevant solutions to fix the backup problem in QuickBooks
Possible Reasons Behind Intuit Backup Not Working Issue
Intuit Data Protect error can be triggered due to several possible reasons. “QuickBooks has Detected a Problem with your Data File” error message depicts that there might be some issues with the version of the QuickBooks Desktop or IDP application. Besides, it can be your Windows Firewall settings, preventing QuickBooks from taking data backup. Below are some of the most apparent reasons behind the Data Protect Script error:
- You might be using an outdated version of the QuickBooks software or IDP application
- Windows Firewall preventing IDP application from accessing the Internet connection required to get the backup done
- IBuEngHost.exe is not running on Windows can be another reason to bring forth Intuit Data Protect Script Error
- Make sure that your Internet Explorer settings have Intuit Data Protect Server address is listed as trusted website otherwise the error can take place
- If the company file name is not appropriate as per the required standards
Intuit Data Protect Has Stopped Working! Below Is How to Remove the Error
To resolve the Intuit Data Protect error, you need to fix the possible causes behind the issue. The below-given solutions explain the most relevant set of steps you can follow to eradicate the error.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop and IDP Application
You can follow our well-described article on how to update QuickBooks to the latest version to get the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop. To update Intuit Data Protect, follow the below-listed steps:
- Download the latest update for Intuit Data Protect using the Help menu
- To install the latest update, select the up arrow ^ located at the lower-right corner in the Toolbar
- Now right-click Intuit Data Protect icon and then select About Intuit Data Protect
- Next, you need to select Update
- When installation process completed, select OK
Now Intuit Data Protect error resolved. If not, you need to move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Make Sure That Intuit Domains Are Added As Trusted Sited In IE
Your Internet security settings can prevent IDP from taking the backup. To fix, you need to add the Intuit related domains as trusted sites in Internet Explorer. Below is the list of the domains, you need to add in IE:
Check the issue again, and if the “Intuit Data protect is no longer working” issue persists, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Ensure That Your Company Name Is Appropriate
The company file you are trying to backup should follow certain standards for the file name. Verify the below-listed points to fix the IDP error:
- The company file you are trying to backup should not have more than 260 characters in its name
- If it has more characters than the required number (260), rename the file name and shorten its length and try to back up your company files again using Intuit Data Protect.
Intuit Data Protect No Longer Starts Automatically!
To resolve the Intuit Data Protect error with the help of an expert, dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147, and get prompt assistance.