The QuickBooks POS installation error can be annoying when it occurs during an on-going installation process. However, following some simple troubleshooting solutions can help you in the smooth installation of the QuickBooks POS. There are various error codes related to QuickBooks POS installation, such as Error 1304, Error 1642, Error 1706, and various others. There can be several possible reasons behind “Unable to start the IntuitUpdateService” issue. Damaged Microsoft Windows components are some of the most apparent reasons behind the POS Installation error. Read the full blog to resolve the issue on your own.
Getting error 1706 while installing QuickBooks POS? Dial our support number (800)-579-9430 to get in touch with our dedicated QB professionals
What Evokes QuickBooks Point Of Sale Installation Error?
Error in the installation of QuickBooks POS can be caused due to the below-listed reasons:
- Compatibility issues between QuickBooks and MS .Net Framework installed on Windows
- Erroneous installation of Microsoft .NET Framework on your computer
- Damaged QuickBooks POS.
- If you are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks POS. (Update QuickBooks Now)
Various Errors In Installation Of QuickBooks POS
There are multi-faceted issues that can crop up in the installation of the QuickBooks POS and can come into sight with different error codes as listed in the below-given bullet points:
Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET. Could not verify the digital signature of file %s
Error 1304: Error writing to file Intuit.Spc.Esd.Client.BusinessLogic.dll
Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService” Error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
Error: 1706 No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale
How To Resolve QB POS Installation Error Codes?
Before performing the common troubleshooting solutions, make sure that Microsoft .NET Framework is installed correctly on your computer and is updated to the latest maintenance release. Now follow the below-given steps to resolve QuickBooks Desktop installation error 1642:
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop POS To The Latest Release
Follow the below-given steps to update QuickBooks Point Of Sale to the latest version:
- Launch QB POS and from under the Help tab, click About Point Of Sale
- Check for the latest updates
- Now visit the Product Download page and click Select Product drop-down menu
If QuickBooks POS installation issues persist, move to the next procedure.
Solution 2: Uninstall QB POS From Your System
To uninstall QB POS:
- Hit Start icon on your Desktop and select Control Panel
- Find and click Uninstall a Program
- Now from the list of the installed programs, double-click QB Desktop POS 18.0.
If the error in QuickBooks POS installation continues, jump to the next solution.
Solution 3: Rename QuickBooks POS Folders
To rename the QB POS installation folders, you need to find and delete the below-given folders in the first place:
- C:\ Users\Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\ ProgramData\Intuit\ QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
Solution 4: Delete QBPOSDBSrvUser Account from Windows
Deleting QBPOSDBSrvUser Account from Windows is the next task you need to perform in order to fix QuickBooks POS installation error. Follow the below-given steps:
- Press Windows + R key together, type Control Panel in the Run box and then hit Enter
- Now from the Control Panel, try to locate User Accounts
- Next, select Manage Another Account and click Continue
- Choose QBPOSDBSrvUser and click Delete Account
- Click Yes to confirm and restart the computer
- Try to install QuickBooks POS to check.
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks POS On Windows
To reinstall QuickBooks POS, perform the below-stated steps:
- Locate and double-click the POS download file from the saved location
- Now provide the required information and follow on-screen instructions carefully to proceed further
- Select whether you want to run QuickBooks POS in a single user or multi-user mode.
- Click Install and wait until the process completed
- Restart the computer once QuickBooks POS installed successfully
The installation error can take place even during the re-installation process of the QuickBooks POS. However, you can get the issue resolved by dialing our helpline number (800)-579-9430. In no time, you will be connected to a QB tech-geek who will help you to resolve QuickBooks POS installation error.