QuickBooks error 1920 takes place when the QuickBooks Database Manager fails to connect to the company file. When the error takes place, you will get an error message on your screen that says, “Error 1920: Service QuickBooks Database Manager (QBCFMonitorService) failed to start.” This error typically arrives when a user tries to update or install the QuickBooks Desktop software. Several issues in the application can promote error code: 1920. In this post, we will try to figure out the possible causes behind the QuickBooks error 1920 and fix them with the simplest solutions.
Unable to utilize the improved features of your accounting application due to QuickBooks update error 1920? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to get hassle-free assistance
What Are The Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 1920?
It is crucial to know the possible causes of an error code in the QuickBooks to make the troubleshooting easy and less time-taking. Below is the list of reasons that can promote error 1920 in QuickBooks Desktop:
- When the OS of your computer is not working the way it should
- When the entries made in the registry of your windows are invalid
- Unsuccessful installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Improper shut down of the system due to power failure or some other reasons can also trigger “QuickBooks Database Service won’t start” issue
- Virus or malware attacks on the system are also one of the most potent threats that can promote the error
- Unintentional deletion of the QuickBooks related files or registry entry
- When you try to install QuickBooks on your Desktop without having full Admin rights
How To Resolve Error 1920: Service Failed To Start?
Now that you are aware of the possible causes why QuickBooks error message 1920 appears on your screen, let’s suppress these causes by following the below-explained solutions:
If any of the Windows components are not up to date, you can face the “QuickBooks Database Server stopped” issue. To fix the error, you need to update Windows using the below-given steps:
- In the first place, you need to remove security software installed on your system
- Disable the Firewall by turning it OFF in case it is ON
- While performing this error-resolution method, you need to ensure that multiple programs are not running at that moment
- Also check if the security is updated with which QuickBooks was working lately
If QuickBooks Desktop error 1920 persists, try the next method.
To perform this crucial IT task on Windows, you need to have full administrative rights. To get it done, follow these solutions:
- Click Start button on your Windows 10 and select Control Panel
- Now select Accounts and then hit on Family and Other Users option
- Next, you have to click on Change Account Type
- In this section, you can select Administrator as Account type
- Hit OK and sign-in again as administrator
- You may also follow the detailed article on how to Create an Administrative Account on Windows to resolve “Unable to Install QuickBooks Error 1920.”
To rename the QuickBooks company (.qbw) file, perform the below-listed steps:
- Launch QuickBooks and open the file to be renamed
- Hit F2 key to open the product information Window
- Note down the company file’s location and terminate QuickBooks and other files
- Now navigate to the location of the file and select file explorer
- Right-click on Windows Start icon to proceed further
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and click Yes to confirm the action when prompted
Perform the action that was giving the QBCFMonitorService Error 1920. If the error continues, follow the next solution.
Cleaning the junk folder in your system can help you to get the job done when none of the above-listed solutions proven to be helpful:
- Click Start icon on your Windows Desktop and type “command” in the blank space
- Press and hold CTRL + Shift simultaneously and then click Enter
- Click Yes for the permission dialogue box
- Locate the blinking cursor on the black box and type “cleanmgr.”
- Click Yes to initiate the cleanup process
- Checkmark the boxes for the junk files you want to eliminate and then hit OK to proceed
Resolve QuickBooks Database Manager Error 1920 With the Professional Assistance
If you feel it difficult to perform the troubleshooting solutions accurately, just reach us for a relevant solution. You don’t need to be tech-savvy to get the assistance. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430, and our QB experts will help you to resolve QuickBooks error 1920 effectively.