QuickBooks error 15212 appears while downloading payroll updates or updating the QuickBooks application to the latest release. When the error occurs, you may receive any of the below-given error messages on your screen: “The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully download the update by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates window.”, “The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully.”, “The payroll update did not complete successfully. The location for the shared download is not accessible.” The improper installation of the updates can give rise to further issues in the functioning of the program. Therefore, you need to fix it as soon as possible by reading this article until the end.
Receiving error 15212 in QuickBooks? Get in touch with a certified QB ProAdvisor by dialing our QuickBooks error support number +1 800-579-9430 and discuss the issue in detail.
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Payroll Error 15212?
QuickBooks error 15212 can take place due to the below-given reason:
- If the download location shared for updates is mapped to a currently unavailable drive
- When the shared download is “switched off’ and the data file is opened from a non-mapped location
- When the hard disk or remote download location does not have the sufficient disk space
Checking with the below-given points can help you to save your time and efforts in the error-resolution.
- Make sure that you have an active payroll service subscription with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check if not more than one QuickBooks version is installed on the same computer as it can be an erroneous practice.
- Your Firewall or Internet security does not have restrictive settings; otherwise, they can prevent QuickBooks from accessing the Internet.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212?
Now that you are aware of the possible causes behind the QB error code 15212, we are providing some effective troubleshooting solutions for you:
Make sure that the QuickBooks Updates are downloaded and installed on the latest version. To attain this:
- From the Help tab, proceed to Update QuickBooks option.
- Select the Options button.
- Next, click No button when asked for Shared Download
- Hit Save and then Close to proceed further
- Try to download the updates again
- Error 15212 not fixed. Move to the next solution on getting the error message again.
Sometimes the QuickBooks error 15212 can take place due to the third-party applications interfering with the installation process of the QuickBooks updates. When you download the updates in Window Safe Mode, the process remains unhindered from the interference of the third-party applications. Bring this solution into the practice and check if it can eliminate the error code 15212 in QuickBooks.
If none of the above-given solutions can fix QB error code 15212, then perform a clean install of QuickBooks in selective startup. It can help in the smooth installation of the QuickBooks updates if you are getting the error in the process. Switch back to the normal startup mode. Restart your system to accomplish the procedure.
The above-explained sets of steps can help you to resolve QB payroll update error 15212. However, the abnormal behavior of the application may cause hurdles in the error-resolution. Dial our QuickBooks error support helpline number (800)-579-9430 to get assistance from certified professionals. Describe the error symptoms on connecting and get QuickBooks error code 15212 immediately.