QuickBooks POS is one of the most efficient accounting solutions that can help you in managing your inventory and store. You can use the application on Windows and Mac. However, you may encounter multi-faceted technical issues while using the program, and QuickBooks Desktop POS connection wizard error is also one of the annoying issues in the list. When the error crops up, it obstructs various operations in the Windows operating system. The issue is a rare issue in the application and, therefore, hard to handle. Fret not! Read this article until the end to get some handy troubleshooting steps for QB Desktop POS connection wizard error.
If opening company file displays connection wizard in QuickBooks POS, dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to acquire the relevant technical assistance
Possible Causes Why Connection Wizard Displays When Starting QuickBooks
Below are some main reasons that can bring forth the connection wizard display error in QuickBooks Desktop POS:
- Erroneous network configuration settings
- When the regional settings in the Windows are not correct
- Firewall or third-party applications, preventing QuickBooks from accessing the QuickBooks company file
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks Desktop POS can also evoke QuickBooks Desktop POS connection wizard error
What To Do If Connection Wizard Displays When Opening POS?
If you are not able to access the company file due to database connection wizard pop up, then the below-described solutions can help:
Solution 1: Configure QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Now that you know the possible causes behind the QuickBooks Desktop POS connection wizard error configure QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the first place for the error resolution. Follow the below-described steps:
- First of all, close QuickBooks Point Of Sale on the server if it is running.
- Now hit the Windows Start icon and then type services.msc in the search area and press Enter
- Select QBPOS Database Manager from the list of services to proceed further
- In the General section, click Startup type drop-down menu and select Automatic
- Go to the Logon tab, click Local System Account and Allow service to interact with the system
- Next, click Apply and go back to the General tab
- Hit Stop and wait until Database Manager stops
- Click Start on Database Manager and hit OK
- Restart QuickBooks POS both on server and workstation
If QuickBooks POS connection wizard displays at startup even after performing this solution, move to the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 2: Make Use Of Connectivity Troubleshooting Tools
If connection wizard pops up while opening the company file in QuickBooks Point of sale, and you want to fix it using QBPOS Troubleshoot Connection Tool, then make sure that you are logged in as a Windows Administrator before getting started.
- Download QBPOS Troubleshoot Connection Tool that must be compatible with your Windows OS
- Save the file to the below-given location:
- For 64-bit: C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\ QuickBooks POS XX
- For 32-bit: C:\ Program File \ Intuit\ QuickBooks POS XX
- Wait until the download finishes and then click Run
- Check if the performance of the QuickBooks POS has enhanced after using the tool.
Is your company file still displaying a connection wizard while opening QuickBooks POS? Jump to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 3: Modify The Regional Setting Of The Windows
Faulty regional settings of Windows can give rise to QuickBooks Desktop POS connection wizard error, To resolve:
- Click Start icon on your Desktop and open Control Panel
- Now click on Change date, time, or number formats
- Next, from the Format drop-down menu on the Region dialogue box, select English (United States)
- Click Apply and then press OK
- Reopen QuickBooks POS and try to open your company file
If the error persists in the QuickBooks, then move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Check If Renaming The Company File Can Help
To perform this troubleshooting solution, follow the below stated steps:
- Go to Services and click QuickBooks Point Of Sale Database Manager Service
- Press Windows+R together and type services.msc in the Run window, then click Enter
- Find QBPOS Database Manager compatible with QuickBooks
- Right-click on it and select Stop
- Navigate to C:\ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\ QuickBooks Point of Sale (version)\ Data, and try to locate the name of the folder containing company file
- Right-click the folder and select Rename
- Once, the renaming is done, select Enter
- Open the Services From there, right-click on QBPOS Database Manager, then select Start.
- Now open your company file from the QuickBooks Point Of Sale
This troubleshooting guide can help you in the resolution of connection wizard pops up when opening a company file in QuickBooks Point of sale issue. However, you can give us a call on our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147 anytime to acquire help on facing a technical difficulty. In no time, you will be connected to our Online support team for QuickBooks who will assist you in the resolution of QuickBooks Desktop POS connection wizard error.