QuickBooks is a robust accounting platform that enables users to set up and manage direct deposits in QuickBooks. An active payroll subscription with the QuickBooks Desktop can help you pay your employees directly into their accounts using the Direct deposit feature. You need to set up a bank account for using the direct deposit feature in QuickBooks Payroll. By setting up direct deposit for your company, you can add your employee’s information and pay them easily. In this post, we will discuss how to pay the direct deposit on QuickBooks.
Not sure how to set up and manage QuickBooks Online Direct Deposit? Dial our support number 1.800.417.5147 to get immediate assistance from experts
Things You Need To Consider Before QuickBooks Payroll Direct Deposit
The below-given points can help you manage direct deposit in QuickBooks efficiently and avoid some common errors:
- Use check to enter direct deposit bank account information and avoid using a deposit slip. The information on a deposit slip is not always valid for the direct deposit.
- Make sure that the account information is within the United States because the processes of Automated Clearing House (ACH) are different outside the USA and do not relate to the QuickBooks application.
- If you are using pay cards for QuickBooks Online direct deposit, then contact your card provider for routing and account number information.
- If the employee’s bank notifies you that the account should be tagged as money market, let your employees know that QuickBooks only accepts checking or savings accounts, so they should select checking.
- For saving accounts, the employee will need to get the routing number fro the bank or other financial institutions.
- Employee’s money market accounts can be used for direct deposit until they accept ACH transactions. Ask the employee to verify with their bank about their preference if the money market account should be tagged as savings or checking.
How To Set Up An Employee To Get Paid By Direct Deposit?
Keeping every detail in your mind, as stated in the above-given points, you may now proceed to set an employee for QuickBooks payroll direct deposit. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
- Go to the Employees tab and choose the Employee Center to open your employee list.
- Now double-click the employee’s name whom you want to set up for the direct deposit
- Next, you need to select the Payroll Info tab.
- Proceeding further, select the Direct Deposit button.
- From within the Direct Deposit window, select Use Direct Deposit for [employee’s name].
- Make your selection if you want to deposit the paycheck into one or two accounts.
- Provide the employee’s financial institution information that may include Bank Name, Routing No., Account No., and Account Type.
- On selecting the two bank accounts, you need to ask your employee what percentage of payment he wants to receive in the first account. The remaining percentage goes to the second account.
- Select OK to save the provided information about the employee.
- Finally, enter your direct deposit PIN when prompted.
Read More: How can you Activate Direct Deposit in QuickBooks?
If you are wondering how to verify the direct deposit in QuickBooks Desktop, let us tell you that Intuit will ask you to confirm a test deposit. The steps described in this post can help you to manage and set up a direct deposit in QuickBooks. However, if you have any queries in your mind, such as how to change the payroll bank account in QuickBooks Desktop, give us a call on our support phone number 1.800.417.5147. Reaching out to a certified Pro-Advisor, you can manage direct deposit in QuickBooks efficiently.