QuickBooks is a one-stop solution to all your accounting needs. Thousands of companies around the world use it for hassle-free business management. With that, it helps to keep a tracked inventory that compiles all the information in the form of statements. With the help of QuickBooks Desktop, you can quickly pay your employee via Direct Deposit. To activate direct deposit in QuickBooks it is necessary to process payments for the employees. Activating the uninterrupted deposit service in QuickBooks may cause issues that we will try to resolve using the steps mentioned in this article.
If you are not sure how to get rid of issues activating direct deposits in QuickBooks, then give us a call at our QuickBooks Support number 1.800.579.9430
You must go through the below-mentioned steps to log in for Direct Deposit in QuickBooks:
- In QB Desktop Pro, in the Employee menu, visit My Payroll Services. After this, choose Activate Direct Deposit and fill the review form.
- Fill Your Zipcode without extension and Click Submit.
- Click View agreement, and after reading Check, I have read and agree to the terms of the service agreement and click Sign up button.
- Now print Direct Deposit Getting Started Guide.
- Click Return to QuickBooks button.
- Now Follow the Direct Deposit Getting Started Guide.
- Make sure your QuickBooks Payroll is Updated to the latest released version.
The following information must be given a glance before setting up an employee for direct deposit:
- Always mention the direct deposit bank account information from a check and not from the deposit slip. It is because the information indicated on a deposit slip is not considered appropriate for direct deposit.
- Account information must be US-based. ACH processes are not from the US and, thus, do not relate to the QB Desktop.
- For any information regarding payment cards, you have to contact the card provider.
- The money market accounts of the employee can be used for direct deposit if they accept ACH transactions. Therefore, you must verify with the bank if the money market account can be tagged as savings or not.
- If you have savings accounts, the employee must have the account routing number from the bank or other savings institution.
- If the employee’s bank says that the account should be tagged as a money market, inform the employee that QuickBooks Desktop only accepts checking or savings accounts, so they should select checking.
What is The Process to Activate QuickBooks Direct Deposit?
The steps mentioned below can be performed only after activating QuickBooks Direct Deposit for your company in the Desktop Payroll. But if an employee wants a direct deposit, then they need to fill a Direct Deposit Authorization form. Afterwards, a voided check must be produced from their bank to activate Direct Deposit In QuickBooks.
How can you Set up an employee for a QB direct deposit?
- Firstly, choose Employees then the Employee Center to open the employee’s list.
- Now double-click on the employee’s name.
- Then, select the Payroll Info tab.
- Now, select the Direct Deposit button.
- In the Direct Deposit window, tap on Use Direct Deposit for [employee’s name].
- Choose whether to deposit the paycheck into one or two accounts.
- After this, enter the employee’s financial institution information inclusive of Routing No, Bank Name, Account No., and Type.
- If you want to deposit to two accounts, then enter the amount that the employee intends to store in the first account in the Amount Deposit field. The remainder goes to the second account.
- Select OK to save the information.
The paycheck you created for the employee is kept for direct deposit in the future. If you want a paycheck that has already been built but not sent, you have first to delete the paycheck and recreate a new one. Also, you need to add the checkmark back next to use Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop and then confirm with the valuable information that has been updated. You need to save the paycheck.
How to Edit an employee’s direct deposit information?
You need to edit the bank account related information first; then, you can create the paycheck for your employee. If created before you updated the account information, the amount will be deposited to the old account. To avoid this, delete and reform the paychecks before sending them to Intuit by following these steps:
- Firstly, open paycheck and visit the Paycheck Detail window.
- After this, Uncheck the Use Direct Deposit option on the paycheck detail, Select Save and then Save and Close.
- Now, open the paycheck again and click on the Use Direct Deposit option. Click on Save option.
How to remove direct deposit permanently from an employee’s profile:
For not paying an employee for direct deposit, remove them from that setup.
- First, choose Employees and then Employee Center.
- Now, double-click the named employee to edit his profile.
- Click on the
- Payroll Info tab.
- Lastly, select the Direct Deposit button. Then, choose to clear the box Use Direct Deposit for this employee.
If you want to make a non-direct deposit check for an employee, whom you pay only through direct deposit, for that, you can activate direct deposit in QuickBooks paycheck into a regular paycheck.
We hope you find this post helpful. For any technical assistance, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430. In no time, you can talk to one of our dedicated professionals and activate direct deposit in QuickBooks with utter ease.