If you want to import transactions using QuickBooks Express Web Connect, then this post is for you. Express Wen Connect in the QuickBooks can help you to download the transactions from a bank into QuickBooks. It is a standardised communication protocol, with which the bank doesn’t need to support any special protocols. To use the Express Web Connect, you need to switch from Direct Connect, which is an old way to download the bank transaction. In this post, we will discuss how to import transactions using QuickBooks Express Web Connect by switching from Direct Connect.
Not sure how to import transactions using Intuit Express Web Connect? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430 and talk to our dedicated QB experts
How to Prepare QuickBooks Express Web Connect to Import Transactions?
If you want to import transactions using QuickBooks Express Web Connect, you need to switch to Express Web Connect from direct connect, using the below-given steps:
Note: Before getting started with the steps, you need to ensure that the QuickBooks is updated to the latest maintenance release. (Update QuickBooks Now)
Step 1: Prepare to Switch to Express Web Connect
Before you perform the below-given steps, make sure that you don’t have pending transactions.
- Create a backup of the company file to prevent permanent data loss during the procedure.
- Next, go to the File menu and then, select Switch to Single-user Mode.
- From within the Company menu, select My Company.
- After that, select Sign in from within the My Company window. If you haven’t created an Intuit account so far, or you have forgotten your user ID and password, you need to create an account or recover password to proceed further.
- Now delete your pending online payments and checks.
- In the end, add and match previously downloaded transactions.
Step 2: Deactivate Your Account’s Bank Feeds
In the next step to import transactions using QuickBooks Express Web Connect, you need to disconnect your account so that it can refresh your connection. Once you are done, jump to the next step.
Step 3: Set Up an Account for Bank Feeds
To download your bank transactions, you need to set up your bank account in QuickBooks:
- Go to the Banking menu and select Bank Feeds.
- Next, you need to Set Up Bank Feed for an Account.
- After that, type your bank name in the Enter your bank’s name field.
- Now from My Company sign-in page, enter your Intuit account credentials to log into the account.
- Type your online banking account’s user ID and password and hit Connect. It will connect QuickBooks to the bank’s server.
- Select the account(s) you want to connect to QuickBooks and hit Connect.
- In the end, click Close.
Step 4: Download Transactions Using Express Web Connect
You are all set to import transactions using QuickBooks Express Web Connect. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
- Go to the Banking menu, select Bank Feeds and then further select Bank Feeds Center.
- Now from the Bank Accounts list, select the account you want to download.
- Next, you need to select Download Transactions.
- Once the download is completed, select Transaction List to process the transactions.
You may now import your banking transactions using the Express Web Connect. However, you may get some technical difficulties due to multi-faceted reasons such as disabled connectivity for the bank.
Need More Help?
The steps discussed in this post can help you switching from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect so that you can import your financial transactions. However, if you are facing any technical unease, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430. On connecting, you can import transactions using QuickBooks Express Web connect without any technical hindrance.