Apart from being an excellent software, QuickBooks Point of Sale can be tricky when managing errors in it. Users receive various error messages linked to the Point of Sale application, and the most common ones are Installation errors. A persistent message that flashes on the screen is QuickBooks Error: Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService.”
In this article, we have got you covered as we talk about additional installation error message codes, their reason, and how to troubleshoot them quickly and successfully. To make the most of this article, go through the sections carefully and follow the blog until the end.
Additionally, there lies one more solution which avoids the hassle of performing the below steps manually. You can quickly reach out to support team on toll-free number 1.800.417.5147 which will be a wise way out given the critical data QuickBooks Point of Sale holds
Various QuickBooks POS Installation Errors
While installing and updating QuickBooks Desktop POS, several errors can infect the system and disrupt the smooth working. But, to narrow it down, below are some common Installation errors in QuickBooks
- Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET. Could not verify the digital signature of file.
- Error 1304 Error writing to file Intuit.Spc.Esd.Client.BusinessLogic.dll
- QB Error: Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService” Error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
- Error: 1706 No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale
Reason for QuickBooks Error: Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService”
As discussed above, there are various errors linked to the Point of Sale Installation, but we are specifically going to discuss QuickBooks Error: Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService.”
Now that we have surpassed the symptoms section, let us look at various reasons that eventually cause QB POS Error 1706. First, study the list below and follow the solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 1706.
- Corruption of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on the computer.
- Microsoft .NET Framework is installed improperly on your system, causing QuickBooks Point of Sale Installation Error.
- The installer of QuickBooks POS software is damaged.
- Point of Sale is of an outdated version causing triggers such installation errors.
Ensure these System Requirements are Met before Fixing QB POS Installation Error
Below are some requirements that must be met so as to successfully fix the QB POS Installation error and even avoid it from happening in the future. With incomplete requirements, it is possible to stumble upon QuickBooks Error: Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService”. Some of the basic requirements of the software are as listed below-
- Operating system- For Windows users here are the OS requirements – Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and above
- Processor- 2.0 GHz
- RAM- 512 MB
- Internet- Internet connection is required
- Browser- Internet Explorer browser 6.0
- CD ROM- 4 x CD-ROM drive
How to Deal with QuickBooks Point of Sale Installation Errors?
Given below are the best possible ways to fix the QuickBooks Point of Sale Installation Errors. They are prepared, keeping in mind the ease with which they can be performed.
You can also follow the listed steps, and if they don’t prove futile, you can reach out to the support team on the number above.
Solution 1: Modify QB POS Folders Names
You might wonder what happens at the backend of this solution. So, Modifying the QB POS installation folder names prevents QB from reusing the same folders that can cause the error. Hence, this solution can work if the QuickBooks Error: Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService” roots from QB Point of Sale folders.
Find and delete the given folders from the C drive of your computer.
- C:\ Users\Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\ ProgramData\Intuit\ QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
Solution 2: Run the System File Checker
- Towards the left of the screen, you will see the Windows Start icon. As the first step, click on it.
- In the text field, type “command” and hit the Enter button.
- Next, press the Ctrl + Shift keys together.
- You will see a permission dialogue box in front of you where you must press the Yes option.
- A cursor will be blinking on the screen where you must enter sfc/scan.
- Click on the Enter key.
- Soon after you click on the Enter key, System File Checker will start scanning various files.
- Move forward as per the on-screen instructions. The step will get completed, and it will fix the QuickBooks POS Installation Error.
Solution 3: Uninstall QB POS from the System
Uninstallation of an application due to a glitch is a standard troubleshooting technique. If the above solution fails to serve its purpose, you can resort to this next solution.
- Go to the Start button towards the left of the screen and choose Control Panel.
- Search for the Uninstall a Program button.
- Once you see QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0, double click on it to uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
Finally, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and see if the error still hovers over the system.
Solution 4: Delete QBPOSDBSrvUser Account from Windows
Before heading on to the troubleshooting steps, let us take you through the reason for listing this in the solution for QuickBooks Error: Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService.”
On deleting the QuickBooks POS user account from the system and reinstalling the POS program, QuickBooks will allow a new user creation. This means any previous errors can be fixed that were linked to the last account. Hence, look at the steps below and get a fix for the QB POS Installation error.
- Use the keys Windows + R together.
- Type Control Panel in the Run window that appears.
- Hit on the Enter button and search for User Accounts under Control Panel.
- Click on Manage Another Account and then Continue.
- Select QBPOSDBSrvUser and moving forward click on Delete the Account.
- Finally, with Yes, confirm the process and restart the PC.
Our tech team have listed the above five solutions, and we hope they served their purpose in fixing QuickBooks Error: Unable to start the “IntuitUpdateService.” If you have followed the steps thoroughly, you must not be facing a POS Installation error again. If the error persists, it is wise to let our tech team handle the error; just dial the toll-free number 1.800.417.5147 and you will reach the experts. From there on, let us protect your data and get your application back on track.