QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013 users are forced to face, While users try to attain a connection with their bank’s server. This is an issue that is evoked by an inactive account that must be deactivated. QuickBooks is an application made to support businesses with their accounting and bookkeeping needs. A large part of these requirements needs to be fulfilled by connecting with the bank in which you hold your accounts. Another situation where the problem occurs is when QuickBooks is unable to approve your online banking details. Have a quick read of the below blog to get a deeper insight.
QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 is indeed a complicated error to tackle. But not anymore! Get in touch with our pro-advisors and receive exceptional technical advice to deal with the same. Dial 800-579-9430 Now.
Factors that Influence QuickBooks bank feed Error Code OLSU 1013
Here is a long list of the reasons why Error OLSU 1013 is appearing on your system over and over again –
- Using incorrect credentials to log into your bank’s online website is the primary reason behind this error.
- A misconfigured Internet Explorer that does not support the smooth functioning of the QuickBooks program.
- If the Side-by-Side mode or the Express mode is disabled on your device, you might notice QuickBooks Error code OLSU 1013.
- Running an outdated/expired version of the Financial Institution Directory.
- When the internet connection you are working on is weak or does not have the required bandwidth.
- Using outdated versions of the Windows operating system or QuickBooks.
- Sometimes when the banking website is under maintenance, the user may come across this technical hiccup in QB.
While the glitch may arise due to problems with your configuration, it can also be triggered if you have not applied the below rules to your computer. First, you must ensure that you abide by these instructions, and then, you must move on to the troubleshooting –
- Ensure that before applying any solution to your application, you download the latest update for QB and also create a backup for your company data file.
- Check the speed of your internet service. Try switching to different networks like the Wi-Fi or mobile internet. Also, if you are working on a public network, disconnect immediately.
- Get the most recent updates of Internet Explorer. You must also make IE Explorer browser as your default browser for QuickBooks.
- Check with your bank that your online banking username, pin, and password are correct and up-to-date.
- If you are working on the multi-user mode, shift to the single-user mode from the File menu in QuickBooks.
Easy Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013
After understanding the meaning of the QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013, how it comes up in QuickBooks, and what must be done before the fixation process, let us move to the most essential part of the blog where numerous options are explained to make the error disappear –
As discussed above, a disabled Express Mode is one of the primary causes of the bank feed error. You must enable it this way –
- In the QB Desktop window, hit the Edit tab and choose Preferences.
- Navigate to the Checking option on the side menu and select it to go to the Bank Feed screen.
- Press the Company Preferences tab and then activate the Express Mode from this section.
- Finally, click on OK to apply the changes.
- Reopen QuickBooks and check if the error still exists.
Here, we need to check if the error is arising from your QuickBooks file or from the end of your bank-
- Close the QuickBooks window and visit the official site for your financial institution.
- Move to the screen where you can see all of your banking transactions. Download all of these in a .QBO file format.
- Perform a quick import of the bank transactions and check if you are able to access the.QBO file format.
- If the file opens up, your QB program is at fault, or else, the error is arising from your bank’s end.
An outdated Directory is one of the causes of the error. This is how you can keep it up-to-date –
- Access QuickBooks on your desktop and tap on the Banking tab.
- Select Bank Feeds from the drop-down menu and then click on Bank Feeds Center.
- Hit the “Sync all for this bank” button and wait for a short while until QB processes your request.
In case the above steps do not show any results in QB; you must perform a manual update for the directory this way –
- Right-click on the Windows icon and choose File Explorer to open a new window.
- Locate the correct version year for your current QuickBooks program and copy the content listed in the document.
- Go to the Files folder and search for the fidir.txt file.
- Open this file and paste the text that you copied above.
- Apply the changes made by tapping on the File tab in this document and clicking on the Save option.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks window and check if the issue is fixed or not.
The pre-set settings in QB are favorable for it to function without any issues. Try these steps to implement the same –
- Use your administrative credentials to log into your QuickBooks company data file.
- Tap on the Edit tab and choose Preferences from the given options.
- Click on the Checking tab and go to the My Preferences section.
- Here, you need to choose Default. Make sure that you choose Default for all the items listed in that section.
- Hit the OK button and sign in to your online banking. The error should disappear by now.
In order to secure your data in the web browser, you must configure it in such a way that does not trigger any similar issue –
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Internet Options from the drop-down menu and then click on the Advanced tab.
- Scroll the Security section and tick the box for the TLS 1.2 option.
- Press the OK button and terminate the window.
- Reboot your device and reopen QuickBooks.
If you have accounts that are not active for a long period of time, you must remove their online banking by deactivating them. Also, you must refresh the banking for the accounts that are active –
- Launch QuickBooks, click on the Company tab and choose Chart of Accounts.
- Tick the Include Inactive checkbox and locate the accounts that are inactive (all such accounts will have a lightning icon beside them).
- Right-click on each of these accounts separately and tap on Edit Account.
- Hit the Bank Feed Settings tab and press the Deactivate All Online Services button.
- Further, you need to click on OK and then on “Save and Close.”
- Re-access the data file and check if the inactive icon no longer appears on the respective accounts.
Through this method, you can rectify the bank feeds Error by merging an account and its copy –
- In the Chart of Accounts screen of QuickBooks, locate the account that is encountering this error.
- Right-click on it and choose the Edit Account option.
- Copy the name of the account and type * at the end of it.
- Next, you need to tap on the Bank Feed Settings tab and hit the Deactivate All Online Services button.
- Click on OK and Press Save to confirm the action.
- Move further to the Chart of Accounts menu and then create a fresh account and name it as the text you copied above with the *.
- In order to merge the account with the original one, open the Chart of Accounts.
- Locate the account with the *, right-click on it and choose to Edit.
- Erase the * from the name and press the Save and Close button.
- Finally, in order to merge the accounts, you must click on the Yes option and set up the Bank Feeds of the same. The action is successful.
- To check if the above steps resolved the issue for you, try to download your bank transactions.
Still Facing QuickBooks Error code OLSU 1013
Through this comprehensive blog on QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013, we aimed to provide you with full information that revolves around the same. It is important that you learn about the meaning, pre-check, and causes of the error before you try to erase the issue from your program and device. In case these solutions fail to support you, it is best to connect with our tech experts over a call at +1-800-579-9430 for instant help.