Sometimes, you may face a perplexing situation where you can see forms and paychecks in QuickBooks but can’t print them. The QuickBooks error printing paychecks can be triggered due to several possible reasons, where an improperly configured printer is the most apparent reasons. Before getting started with the troubleshooting process, you need to ensure that the QuickBooks is updated to the latest maintenance release. In this post, we will highlight all the primary reasons behind QuickBooks error printing paychecks and troubleshoot them using simple steps.
Unable to print checks in QuickBooks Desktop and need immediate technical assistance? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430 and talk to a dedicated QB expert for the error resolution
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind “Cannot Print Paychecks In QuickBooks Desktop” Issue?
There are multi-faceted issues that can trigger QuickBooks error printing paychecks. Check the below-given list:
- QuickBooks is unable to connect to the printer.
- QuickBooks print command routes to null.
- QB application doesn’t save your report or forms as a PDF due to damaged components.
- Missing components can also evoke QuickBooks error printing paychecks.
- The inability of QuickBooks to print directly to PDF converter.
Things You Need To Consider Before Resolving The Printing Issues With QuickBooks?
Before you fix the QuickBooks error printing paychecks, you need to keep the below-given points in your mind to ensure the efficient troubleshooting:
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks application. If not, Update it Now.
- Your PC is connected to the printer, and printer software is installed.
- Ensure that, you have chosen the correct paycheck types to print.
- Delete your cookies and temporary Internet files.
How To Fix Printing Problems In QuickBooks?
Below are some of the most preferred solutions to resolve printing paycheck errors in QuickBooks. Follow the steps with the utmost attention:
Solution 1: Try To Print Outside QuickBooks
In the first place, you need to check if you can print outside QuickBooks to confirm that the problem is not with the printer. To do so:
- Open MS Word or Notepad.
- Now type or paste some text and open File menu and select Print.
- Now try to print from the default printer or select a different printer from the drop-down list.
- If you can print your MS Word or notepad document, it means that there is no issue with the printer.
Follow the Steps given below if the Print Test doesn’t Work
- First, you need to turn off the printer, restart the system and turn on the printer again.
- Ensure the printer paper is correctly loaded.
- Next, click on the Start menu and open Control Panel.
- Double-click the Printer and Faxes
- Check if the printer is showing Offline, right-click on the printer, and select Use Printer Online.
- If the print jobs are displayed in the queue, double-click on the printer and select Printer, then Cancel All Documents.
- Close the current window.
- Next, right-click the printer and choose Properties.
- Click on Print Test Page.
If the test page doesn’t print and you’re using a network printer. There may be some network issues.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub To Resolve QuickBooks Printing Error
If you are having trouble in printing payroll paychecks, then running QuickBooks Tool Hub can help in troubleshooting the problem:
- Close QuickBooks in the first place.
- Now download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it to a suitable location.
- Next, you need to open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool hub and agree to terms and conditions.
- Once, you have successfully installed it, double-click the icon on your Windows Desktop to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now from within the Tool, select Program Problems and it will open PDF and Print Repair Tool to fix the QuickBooks error printing paychecks.
Get Help From QB Experts!
The steps discussed in this article elaborates on how to fix error in printing paychecks in QuickBooks. If you have any technical unease in performing the steps or need to talk to an experienced QB professional, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430. In no time, it will connect you with an expert who will help in troubleshooting QuickBooks error printing paychecks.