Intuit Data Protect is a data backup service devised by Intuit that you can subscribe to protect your crucial accounting data from theft, loss, or possible damage. You may receive the error message while backing up your data using Intuit Data Protect due to several reasons. However, the error typically occurs when the program cannot access the file that needs to be backed up. Following the troubleshooting solutions described in this post can help to surmount the IDP backup or “Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed” error in QuickBooks.
If you are getting errors backing up data with Intuit Data Protect! For all related queries, dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 and acquire the hassle-free technical leisure
What Are The Possible Causes Behind “Can’t Backup with intuit Data Protect” Error?
Intuit Data Protect backup can be failed due to several reasons listed in the below-given bullet points:
- The QuickBooks company file is open via a mapped network drive during the time backup occurs.
- IBuEngHost.exe is running as the local user instead of the user SYSTEM.
- Your Windows File System is not NTFS.
- Outdated QuickBooks application. (Update QuickBooks Now)
How To Troubleshoot “Intuit Data Protect Backup Incomplete” Error?
Now that you know why Intuit Data Protect is not backing up data, resolve the root causes behind the error to get rid of the concerning problem.
Solution 1: Ensure That QuickBooks Company Is Not Open On Other Workstations
- To accomplish this task, you need to check each workstation in the network, and if the company file is open, close it.
- Now open the Intuit Data Protect on your computer and right-click IDP icon from the system tray.
- Next, select Open Intuit Data Protect and hit Back up Now
- If IDP fails to back up the company file and displays an error message “Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed”, move to the next solution.
If the first solution fails, then you need to confirm that the IBuEngHost.exe process runs on Windows before proceeding further. To check this:
- Press Windows + R keys together on the keyboard, and it will open the Run window
- Now in the Run box, type Services.msc and hit Enter
- From the list of services, try to locate IBuEngHost.exe process
- If the service is stopped, right-click it and select Start
Solution 2: Verify The User For IBuEngHost.exe Process
If you are unable to backup data with IDP, then performing the below-given steps can help:
- Press CTRL+Alt+Del keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Task Manager
- Click the Processes tab and try to locate the IBuEngHost.exe process
- Underneath the User Name section of the process, you need to verify the user name
- If the User Name section displays a different user name than the System User, then you need to reinstall QuickBooks Account as an Administrator
If Intuit Data Protect still not Backing up the company data, then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Verify the File System of your Local System Drive
Follow the below-given set of steps to resolve “Intuit Data Protect backup failed” error:
- Launch the Windows File Manager and then right-click the C Drive.
- Now select Properties to open the local Disc (C:) properties window.
- Make sure that the NTFS is listed next to the File System of the drive
- If the file system displays FAT32 or some other file system other than NTFS, then changing the file system can make IDP run on it.
The solutions explained in this post can help you in the eradication of the Intuit Data Protect Backup error. However, if the error persists even after performing all the solutions, give us a call immediately on our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.579.9430. Connecting with our expert will enable you to discuss the error symptoms and avail hassle-free assistance until the issue is resolved. Once the “Intuit Data Protect backup failed” issue is fixed, you can create a backup of your financial records and prevent it from multi-faceted security threats.