QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the most efficient accounting programs used by accounting professionals, business owners, and individual entrepreneurs. However, technical issues are an integral part of the QuickBooks experience. While working on QuickBooks, you may encounter QuickBooks TLS error. It gives the error messages: “QuickBooks TLS 1.2 Failure Error” or “QuickBooks requires TLS 1.2 for secure communication” To run your accounting program smoothly, you need to resolve the error swiftly. Following this post can help you with the sure-shot troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks error TLS 1.2.
Receiving QuickBooks TLS 1.2 failure warning message on your screen? Dial our QuickBooks error support number (800)-579-9430 to get the issue resolved
What Features Does QuickBooks TLS Compliance Error Affect?
TLS 1.2 has gained the reputation of security standards at the moment. QuickBooks follows this standard to ensure optimal performance and utmost security. QB offers numerable features to the users to streamline their business accounting. QuickBooks TLS error can hamper several features in the application.
- Payroll, online banking payments, and other connected services.
- Activation of QuickBooks Desktop on a new machine
- Utilization of QuickBooks Password Reset Tool.
- My apps, secure webmail, contributed reports, and other services that require the Intuit account credentials for authentication purposes.
- Intuit Data Protect errors that prevent data breaches in the application
- Checks, supplies and other basic functions
By following the TLS 1.2 security protocol, you can avoid TLS 1.2 error in QuickBooks. Make sure to arrange the system compatible with TLS 1.2. Follow the below-given list:
- Windows 7 OS or above versions that support the protocol, such as Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016.
- Make sure that Internet Explorer is your default browser, preferably IE 11 for better security to the program and protect data from breaches.
- The .NET Framework must be 4.5.2 or higher, if not update or install it.
TLS can be expanded as Transfer Layer Security, and TLS 1.2 is the latest version of the Protocol. It makes the interaction of the application with the Internet browser safe for the users. When you fail to fulfill the system requirements for the latest Transfer Layer Security protocol, error TLS 1.2 can take place. Below are some other reasons behind the arrival of the error:
- If you are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks application
- Internet Explorer does not comply with the system requirements
- When the user does not have sufficient administrative access
- TLS error in QuickBooks can also take place due to disables TLS 1.2
Now that you know the possible reasons behind QuickBooks TLS 1.2 error, follow the below-given troubleshooting steps to fix it:
- To avoid TLS error in QB, you need to configure the settings of your Internet Explorer.
- From Tool, go to the Internet Explorer
- Now from the General tab, click Delete, and check-mark the box for Temporary Internet Files. Don’t mark the box for Cookies
- Now from Connection tab, select LAN
- Check-mark the box against Automatically Detect Settings
- If you don’t use Proxy Servers, make sure that the check-box for the same is not marked
- Hit OK
- Now move down to the Advanced tab
- You also need to confirm that the Check for publisher’s certificate is checked
- At the bottom of the Advanced tab, Make sure not to check-mark TLS 1.2 check-box. If marked, clear the check-box.
The above-given solution can help you in the resolution of the QB TLS 1.2 error. However, if the error continues, or you feel any technical unease, give us a call on our QuickBooks error support phone number (800)-579-9430. On connecting with our expert, you can describe the error symptoms and acquire the best solution for QuickBooks TLS error.