QuickBooks error 1721 takes place while installing the QuickBooks software or performing a regular update for the program. The error can occur due to the erroneous Windows registry, or it can be a Windows process running in the background, interfering with the QuickBooks installation. A corrupt or damaged Windows installer is one of the most apparent reasons behind the QuickBooks error 1721. Let’s find some more reasons for the error and troubleshoot it with the solutions described in this blog.
Want to get swift technical leisure in resolving QuickBooks Desktop error 1721? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to get the desired help
QuickBooks Error Code 1721 : Description
QuickBooks error 1721 is related to Windows installer that can crop up while installing or uninstalling the QuickBooks application. When the error arrives, you will see an error message on your screen:
Error 1721: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
The error message depicts that your Windows installer is damaged, corrupt, or has some issues that is preventing the installation of the QuickBooks software.
What Are The Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Installation Error 1721?
Mentioned below are some of the common reasons that can trigger error 1721 in QuickBooks during installation or un-installation:
- A different version of the QuickBooks installed on the system hindering the installation of another QuickBooks version
- Erroneous Windows registry can also promote error code 1721
- It can be the outdated Windows promoting the error
- The user account does not have administrative authority to install the program
How to Rectify QuickBooks Error Message 1721?
To resolve the QuickBooks Installer error 1721, you need to troubleshoot the possible causes that give rise to the technical nuisance during the QuickBooks installation. Follow the below-explained solutions:
Solution 1: Create a New Windows User Having Admin Rights
If the Windows user does not have the Admin right to accomplish the QuickBooks Installation process, then you can log in as an Administrator or create a new Windows user having the complete Administrative rights to make critical changes in the system. To do so, you can follow the detailed instructions on how to add a user with administrative rights on Windows. Now try to install the program to check if the QuickBooks error 1721 is fixed. If not, try performing the next solution.
Solution 2: Utilize QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is devised by Intuit to resolve the common issues related to the QuickBooks software installation. The tool self-identifies the QB installation obstacles and resolves them. Besides, it also helps in fixing the Microsoft components such as .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML essential for the QuickBooks installation.
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from Intuit’s legit website
- Save QBInstall file on a suitable location on your computer
- Terminate all the open programs
- Now run the .exe file and wait for the diagnosis to finish
- Restart your computer and check whether QuickBooks error 1721 continues. If yes, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Re-Register the Installer Program
Reregistering Windows Installer can help in removing the damages present in the installer. This can act as the reinstall of the Installer. Follow the below-listed steps:
- Restart your computer and press F8 immediately after receiving the BIOS message
- Move to the Safe Mode using arrow keys
- Log in as an Administrator
- Now click Start and then Run
- Type “cmd” in the given area and hit Enter
- On opening the command prompt, type “msiexec u/unregister” and click Enter
- Once again in the command prompt, write “msiexec /register“
- Exit command prompt by clicking the cross (X) at the top right
- Now click Start and then Control Panel
- Click Add/Remove programs and then add the program you are trying to uninstall
With these set of steps, you should be able to uninstall the program. However, the inability to uninstall depicts that there exists a corrupt file in the Windows installer that needs to be removed. You can utilize Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the damaged files causing conflicts on your system to put QuickBooks error 1721 to an end.
Need Pro-Support For Error-Resolution!
If you want to get in touch with a certified QuickBooks professional for the error-resolution, dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147 without looking any further. Our experienced professionals will assist you with fast and hassle-free solutions to terminate QuickBooks error 1721.