Wondering how to delete a deposit or fund in QuickBooks? Your search might end here! In QuickBooks, if you have deposited a fund incorrectly, and want to delete it, it can give the following error messages on your screen: “You need to delete this cash sale from the deposit before you can delete or edit its name or amount.” Or “You cannot edit payment information in a deposit transaction. 1) Delete the payment from the deposit. 2) Go to the original payment transaction to edit it. 3) Redeposit the payment.” In this post, we will discuss how to delete a deposit or fund in QuickBooks in simple steps. Let’s proceed!
Not sure how to delete deposit funds in QuickBooks? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430 to get help from qualified QB experts
Deleting Deposit or Funds in QuickBooks Instructions
Below are the solutions that can help you in deleting the deposit or funds in QuickBooks, when followed carefully. However, in the first place, you need to ensure that the QuickBooks is updated to the latest maintenance release.
Update QuickBooks to the Latest Release
Below are the steps that can help you in updating QuickBooks to the latest version:
- Open QuickBooks and then go to the Help menu.
- Now, select Update QuickBooks Desktop to proceed further.
- Next, navigate to the Update Now tab.
- Proceeding further, select Get Updates, and it will start the download procedure.
- Once the download is finished, restart QuickBooks.
- Now install the downloaded release using the on-screen instructions.
Steps to Delete Deposited Funds In QuickBooks?
Now that you have update QuickBooks application, follow the below-given solutions denoting how to delete a deposit in QuickBooks:
To locate the Delete Deposit option, you need to go to the Edit toolbar, if you select the deposit within the register option. You can use the Delete Line option if you have multiple payments in one deposit. Follow the below-given steps to delete a deposit or fund in QuickBooks:
- Click Lists in the first place and then further click Chart of Accounts.
- Now double-click the account.
- After that, double-click the deposit.
- Next, select a specific payment from the list that you want to delete.
- Hit the Edit tab at the top menu bar.
- Select Delete Line.
- If you want to delete the entire deposit, select Delete Deposit.
Note: Note the delete line option will only show if there are multiple payments present on a deposited transaction.
The next procedure on how to delete a deposit or fund in QuickBooks, follow the below-given steps:
- Click on the Lists at the top menu bar and then select Chart of Accounts.
- Next, select your bank.
- Now find and open the deposit.
- Press Ctrl + D on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Click OK and when you are asked to delete the transaction, click OK again to finish the task.
- These steps can help in removing/deleting the incorrect deposit.
How to Delete your Deposit Transaction?
The other method on how to delete a deposit or fund in QuickBooks is stated in the below-given steps:
- Go to the Banking menu in the first place and select Use Register.
- Now choose the account having incorrect transactions from the Select Account drop-down menu.
- Hit OK to proceed further.
- Try to locate the deposit transaction and right-click on finding.
- Now select Delete Deposit.
- Click OK to confirm.
Deleting a Deposit or Fund in QuickBooks Online
If you’re using QuickBooks Online, the following steps will help you delete the deposit:
- Foremost, open QuickBooks Online.
- Click on the Customers menu and choose the particular customer.
- Wait till the payment is displayed.
- Next, select the Payment you want to delete.
- Within the Payment window, select More.
- At last, click Delete.
Unlink the Payment before Deleting
If the payment you want to delete is linked to a downloaded transaction, you need to unlink the payment before deleting using the following steps:
- Move to the Banking manu.
- Choose the bank account where fund is deposited.
- Next, locate the deposit transaction from the Reviewed tab.
- Select Undo to unlink the payment.
Now, you can delete the deposit transaction.
Get Professional Assistance!
These solutions can help you with your query on how do I delete a deposit fund in the QuickBooks application. In case of having technical trouble, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430. In no time, you will be connected to one of our dedicated QB experts with whom you can get assisted regarding how to delete a deposit or fund in QuickBooks.