In QuickBooks, you can record processed transactions directly into the company records and keep track of your financial transactions. However, you may get QuickBooks error 3120 while recording the transactions in company records. The error typically occurs if the transactions you are trying to enter already exists. Resyncing the transactions in QuickBooks is an effective way to resolve error 3120, but there is no assurance that it will work. This post elaborates on some other effective troubleshooting solutions to get rid of the error code 3120.
Struggling with QuickBooks insert transaction error 3120? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to get assistance from experienced QB professionals
What Does QuickBooks Error Code 3120 Mean?
When QuickBooks error message 3120 appears on the screen, it displays the different object names such as 800000-1349276859, 14A5D-1435238985, and various others. The error message reads:
QuickBooks has reported the following error:
Object: “800000-1349276859” specified in the request cannot be found. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
You may continue using QuickBooks by pressing the Yes button. However, the troubleshooting is still required to use the application smoothly.
What Are The Possible Causes Behind The QB Error Message: Invalid Argument?
Below is the list of the possible causes that can bring forth QuickBooks error 3120:
- When the mapping of the Account is not done properly
- Damaged QuickBooks Data.
- Modified or removed initial exchange in QuickBooks application
- The discrepancy in the invoice with the QuickBooks
- When the business arrange in Rapid Inventory is scratched off
How To Eliminate QB Desktop Error 3120?
You can troubleshoot the QB update error 3120 by setting up Accounts in QB manually. Follow the below-described steps:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale in the first place to start the troubleshooting
- Now from under the File tab, choose Preferences
- Next, click on Workstation and go to the Account Preferences section
- Make sure that the account selected for mapping is correct and under both Advanced and Basic tab
- A blank third bracket of the Account name depicts that the account setup is faulty, and you need to add an account in the Account name section to get over the error.
- Now from under the Options tab, provide the required information in the account name section and hit Save
- Add and update the required transaction to check if the QuickBooks error 3120 is resolved.
- When the error is resolved, go to the Financial Exchange section and activate the Default QuickBooks Mapping option
Hope the steps described in this post can successfully troubleshoot the Error 3120: Adding Receiving Payments. However, the issues related to transactions and accounts are perplexing in nature and can take you to your wit’s end. Fret not! Just give us a call on our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.417.5147 and get rid of QuickBooks error 3102 without leaving your couch.