You may need to reprint W2 in QuickBooks when any of your employees request you to reissue the form. A lost or damaged form from the employee’s end can give rise to the need to print old W2 in QuickBooks. You need to act in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service’s regulations in order to print an old W2 form. This post offers a comprehensive guide for the users who need to get it done for several reasons whatsoever!
Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to get all your queries related to W2 forms answered from certified QB experts
IRS Guidelines You Need To Follow In Order To Get W2 Form Reprinted In QuickBooks:
Before getting started with the procedure, make sure that you have updated the payroll tax tables to the latest release. After confirming, check the below-listed points:
- There must be a “REISSUED STATEMENT” watermark on the W2 form.
- There must be attached copies of 2, B and C
- You must provide a copy of W2 Form Filing Instructions
Steps to Reprint a W2 In QuickBooks Online?
The same question is asked by users in several other manners, such as “how to print old w2 in QuickBooks 2017” or “How to print w2s on preprinted forms”. Below are the steps that can help you to get the task accomplished when you follow them with the utmost care and attention.
- From QuickBooks File, go to the Payroll Tax Center (PTC)
- Now select Employees and then Payroll Center
- Next, navigate through File Forms tab and select View/Print forms & W2s
- Provide the PIN for your payroll subscription service and hit OK
- Now on the W-2 page, there must be a list of the employees. If not, you need to click View/Print W-2 forms for all years.
- Click the employee’s name from the list and to open the W-2 form. If it does not open, press CTRL + ALT while clicking the employee’s W-2.
- Select View Reprints and confirm that the forms have a REISSUED STATEMENT watermark. The watermark gets added automatically when you click the W-2 form to reprint it in QuickBooks.
- Now open the paper using the adobe reader and print them on the perforated paper.
You may use another good quality paper to reprint W-2 in QuickBooks if you don’t have the perforated paper. Before you finish, provide W-2 filing instructions form to your employees.
Alternative Way to Do W2 Re Print From QuickBooks:
Here is an alternative way to print w2 forms from QuickBooks. Follow the below-listed steps:
- Go to Employees >> Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s
- Now select Process Payroll Forms and then click Saved Filings from Filing History
- Locate the form you want to print from the history and click on the link under Saved PDF column
- Click on Print icon to finish the task
- To get the information of the previous year’s w2 form, you can pull out the tax worksheet from QuickBooks by following the steps given below:
- Move to the Reports menu.
- Next, select Employees and Payroll and then More Payroll Reports in Excel.
- Choose Tax Form Worksheets.
- Select the Annual W2/W3 from the downloaded Excel file.
- You can also change the year if you want to reprint w2 of the prior year.
- Click Create Report.
Also Read: How to e-File form 941 using QuickBooks.
Having Technical Unease!
If you face any difficulty or doubt while reprinting W-2 form in QuickBooks, just dial our QuickBooks error customer support number 1.800.417.5147. Describe your concern without any hesitation, and our certified experts will guide you with the most relevant solution to help you reprint W-2 forms from QuickBooks Pro 2017.