QuickBooks Error 6000 106 Or -6000 -82 is an annoying error code in the program that occurs while opening or creating QuickBooks company file. The steps discussed in this article can help you in the resolution of error code 6000, -82 or -6000, -106. Before performing the solution, you need to ensure that your accounting software is updated to the latest maintenance release. The damaged QuickBooks company file is one of the primary reasons behind the error. To resolve the error using simple troubleshooting solutions, follow this article until the end.
If you are not able to access your company records due to QuickBooks Desktop error 6000, -82 or -6000, -106, dial our QuickBooks error support number (800)-579-9430 to get immediate help.
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 106 Or -6000 -82 : Description
When QuickBooks error 6000 82 or 6000, -106 in QuickBooks occurs, you may receive the following error messages on your screen that reads. “An error happened when attempting to open the document” or “An error happened when QuickBooks users attempt to access the organization record.” The error indicates that due to some technical reasons, you might not access your company records. It can hamper your day-to-day accounting operations.
QuickBooks Error 6000 82 or -6000, -106 can crop up due to several reasons stated in the below-given list:
- Damage in QuickBooks company file
- Windows Firewall preventing QuickBooks from accessing the company file due to erroneous configuration
- Infected QuickBooks company file due to virus or malware attack
- Partial or damaged installation of the QuickBooks software
- QuickBooks company file is not physically stored in the folder used in accessing the company file
How To Resolve Error 6000 106 Or -6000 -82 While Accessing The Company File?
QuickBooks company file error 6000 106 Or -6000 -82 can hamper your accounting operations severely. To resolve the error, follow the below-explained solutions.
If there is a space in the company file name, follow the below-given steps to fix this issue:
- Quit QuickBooks account and open the folder containing QuickBooks company file.
- Right-click the company file and select Rename
- Remove the space between the company file name and extension
- Now try to open or create the QuickBooks company file and check if the error 6000 106 Or -6000, -82 persists.
Turning off hosting on each computer where QuickBooks software is installed can help you in the resolution of Intuit error code 6000 106 Or -6000, -82.
For Single-User Access:
- Go to the File menu and click Utilities
- Hit Stop Hosting Multi-User option
- Click Yes on Stop Hosting Multiple User message window
- Click Yes, again for the next dialogue box
For Multiple User Access:
- You need to perform this procedure on all the systems displaying QuickBooks error 6000 106 Or -6000, –82
- Now select File from No Company Open window and click Utilities
- If the computer display StopHosting Multiple User Access, you need to turn it off
- Click Stop Hosting Multiple User Access option and try to open the company file again
If error message code 6000 106 Or -6000, -82 continues, then try the next solution.
Perform the below-given steps to get it done:
- Press F2 key to open the product information window in the first place
- From under Local Server Information, set the hosting to Local Files only
- Now go to the file and then switch to Multi-user mode
- Open the company file over the network and Press F2 key on the keyboard
If the error prevails, try the next troubleshooting method.
To restart the Damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service and re-scan the company file, perform the below-given steps:
- Click Start and select All Programs option
- Open QuickBooks and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Next, click the Scan Folder tab
- If there is no folder, you need to click Add Folder. Alternatively, you can highlight the folder containing the company file and click Scan
- Now in QuickBooks company files found a box, make sure that the erroneous company file shows
- Try to open the company file, and if the QuickBooks error 6000 106 Or -6000, -82 occurs again, try the next troubleshooting technique.
QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Data utilities work together to self-identify and resolve company file issues in QuickBooks. In the first place, you need to run Verify Data utility to check if an error exists with the QuickBooks company file. On detecting the error, run Rebuild data utility.
We hope you find this post helpful in the resolution of QB company file access error 6000 106 Or -6000, -82. However, don’t hesitate to give us a call in the hour of the need. Dial our QuickBooks Error support helpline number (800)-579-9430 and get QuickBooks error 6000 106 Or -6000, -82 fixed in the least possible time.