If you are using QuickBooks to manage your day-to-day business accounting operations, then you may need to move QuickBooks Desktop to a new computer for various reasons. In this post, we will discuss the basic requirements to transfer QuickBooks license from one computer to another and the steps involved in getting the task accomplished. However, moving QuickBooks to a new system can be a daunting task and can put the security of your critical accounting data stake. Follow this post until the end to move QuickBooks to a new computer without the disk in a fail-safe manner.
Wondering how do I transfer my QuickBooks program to another computer? Dial our support number 1.800.579.9430 to get help from the certified QuickBooks experts
What Requirements Do I Need To Fulfill To Move QuickBooks To A Different Computer?
Before we discuss how to move QuickBooks to a different computer, let’s figure out the requirements you need to keep handy before you Move QuickBooks Desktop to a New Computer:
- First of all, you need to check the internet connection of the device on which you are planning to install QuickBooks Desktop because, after installation, the next step would be to register that product.
- In order to move your QuickBooks Desktop files, you will have to keep an external storage device. It could be anything like an external hard disk or a USB storage.
- Further, you need the information about the product registration information and License.
- An External storage device, having setup file or QuickBooks Desktop installation disk.
- Erase QuickBooks Desktop from your previous computer after taking an entire backup of your QuickBooks company file.
Make Use Of QuickBooks Migration Tool To Transfer QuickBooks To A Different Computer
You can easily transfer your QuickBooks to a Different Computer by following the instructions provided by QuickBooks Migration Tool:
Procedure To Perform On The legacy (Old) System.
- Ensure that you log in as an administrator on the system.
- Connect your USB drive to the system.
- Under QuickBooks Desktop open file tab and click on Move QuickBooks to another Computer.
- Select I’m Ready and then create a strong password.
- Select All the files that you want to move to the other device and copy them in a USB drive.
- When all the files get copied in the USB drive, remove it from the system safely.
Procedure To Perform On New System
- Wait for the QuickBooks Migrator tool to appear by itself after connecting the USB drive to your computer. If it doesn’t appear automatically, then go to Move_QuickBooks.bat file from USB drive.
- Next, you need to enter the password that you had created at the time of file transfer on your old computer.
- Press, let’s go, and the tool will initiate its task of QuickBooks migration.
- This process may take a while depending upon your system’s performance.
- When QuickBooks is installed on your new device, open the application and go to the Help section. There you will find an option for registration. Click on register QuickBooks.
- Fill all the information that is required for registration.
What To Do Next After Moving QuickBooks Desktop To A New Computer?
After shifting QuickBooks to the new system, you need to perform some additional steps as the migration tool doesn’t do it all.
- Login your payroll and payment service
- Sign in to the Intuit Data Protect, and it will prevent your data from loss or security threats
- Make sure that nothing left on your old system and move over any additional company file to the new computer
- Create the backup of your company file so that it can be recovered in the times of the data-disasters
Need Professional Assistance!
This post is a deliberate attempt to help the users who want to move their QuickBooks Desktop application from one computer to another for their own reasons. However, if you need help from certified QuickBooks professionals, feel free to dial our support number 1.800.579.9430. In no time, you will be connected to a dedicated QB Expert who will look into the matter and help you to move QuickBooks Desktop to a new computer in a prompt manner.