Register QuickBooks library files error occurs when the application fails to register the library files and files in general. The error typically occurs due to the QuickBooks registration failure during the installation. When the error occurs, it gives an error message on your screen that says, “Error 1904: [file path/name/extension] failed to register.” When a user fails to reboot the system after upgrading Windows OS, the error can come into sight. There are multi-pronged reasons that can lead to the error in registering QuickBooks library files. If you are also experiencing the same issue, then this guide is for you!
If you want step by step solution from the support team, then give us a call on our support number (800)-579-9430 and reach out to our experts
How To Troubleshoot “QuickBooks Failed to Register Library Files” Issue?
QuickBooks register library files error problem can be solved by taking the steps mentioned below in the given order:
Solution 1: Make Use Of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can help in the resolution of installed issues in the application that can give rise to “register QuickBooks library files error”. To fix the issue, follow the below-given steps:
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub file
- Open QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the on-screen instructions carefully to complete the installation
- Double-click QuickBooks Tool Hub icon from the downloaded location to open it
- Now select Installation Issues on Tool Hub and click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Let the tool finish its task and then restart the computer
Check if QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool has fixed register QuickBooks library File error. If not, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Change Your Windows Account Settings
Before getting started with this troubleshooting procedure, make sure that you are logged in as Windows Administrator. Now follow the below-given steps:
- From the Windows Start menu, find and open File Explorer
- Now navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Right-click Common Files folder and select Properties
- Now in Security tab, click Edit
- Next, click Users from under the Group or user names section
- In the Permissions for Users section, enable the following permissions: Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read, Write.
- Click Apply and then OK to confirm the changes
If library file registration error persists in QuickBooks, then jump to the next solution.
Solution 3: Hide The Build-In Administration Account Like Before
To accomplish this task, follow the below-stated steps:
- Click Windows Start icon and type cmd in the search area and click Enter
- Now right-click CMD icon and select Run as Administrator
- Type “net user administrator /active: no” in the command window and click Enter
Check if the register QuickBooks library files error is fixed. Below are some special cases when you can see the error, and you need to perform the described solutions to get rid of the issue.
Solution 4: Resolving QuickBooks Register Library Files Error For Those Who Use Bit Defender
If you use Bit defender and need to install QuickBooks on your system, then you need to exempt the below-given files from the Bitdefender’s scan list.
- C:\Program Files\Common Files (for 32-bit machines)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit (for 64-bit machines)
Alternatively, you may also try to resolve the register QuickBooks library files error by disabling Bit defender.
Solution 5: Resolving QuickBooks Error 1904 During Adobe Flash Player Installation
To resolve QuickBooks error code 1904, follow the below-stated steps:
- Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool in the first place
- Click Start icon on your Desktop and open Control Panel
- Next, you need to click Uninstall a program
- Navigate to the list, and select Adobe Flash Player ActiveX then click Uninstall
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to uninstall and then download and reinstall Adobe Flash Player to finish the task
This post is a deliberate attempt to help users facing register QuickBooks library files error. Following the described troubleshooting steps can be helpful when performed carefully. However, if you have doubts about any step, dial our support phone number (800)-579-9430 and discuss it with our certified experts. In a minute’s notice, the expert will take charge and help you in resolving register QuickBooks library files error.