QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error is an annoying browser error that can hamper the performance of the QuickBooks and other web-based applications. The invalid response from the server is one of the most apparent reasons behind the error. In the case of QuickBooks, it occurs when the browser’s cache memory is full. However, there are various other reasons behind the QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error. This error can crop up in QuickBooks Desktop as well as QuickBooks Online. In this post, we will discuss the potential causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting procedures of QuickBooks app bad gateway 502.
Dealing with QuickBooks Mac app 502 bad gateway issue? Dial our error support number and get assistance from certified experts (800)-579-9430
What Are The Possible Causes Behind 502 Bad Gateway QuickBooks Online App Error?
There are a handful of reasons that can evoke Quickbooks 503 bad gateway error. Check the below-given list to find them:
- When the cache memory of the browser gets full, the error can crop up
- If the active scripting has turned off in the browser’s settings
- When Intuit related domains are not listed as a trusted site in the browser
- If the cache memory of the QuickBooks application is full
What Are The Symptoms Of 502 Bad Gateway QuickBooks Chrome Issue?
Now that you know the potential causes behind QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error check the below-given symptoms that can help you to identify the concerning error:
- The error typically occurs when a regular QB user tries to login to QuickBooks Online or Desktop application
- QB Online 502 bad gateway error can also take place when you either download or view forums in the browser
- The error can also be evoked while updating QuickBooks Desktop application to the latest maintenance release
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Online Desktop App 502 Bad Gateway Error?
Following the troubleshooting solutions described below can help you in the error resolution when followed with the utmost care and attention.
Solution 1: Check Active Scripting Settings In Your Internet Explorer
To check the settings of Active scripting option in case of Internet Explorer, follow the below-given steps:
- Launch Internet Explorer in the first place
- From within the Tool menu, select Internet Option
- It will open a new security tab where you need to go to the Internet icon
- Now select Custom Level and then choose the Enable Active Scripting
Solution 2: Clear The Cache Of QuickBooks Application
If QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error persists, then clear the cache of your QuickBooks Desktop/Online application by following the below stated steps:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop/Online application in the first place
- Now from the Help tab, select Reset App Data, and it will start the application
- Check if t can resolve the error. If not, move to the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 3: Clear Browser’s Cache & Cookies
QuickBooks Desktop can be accessed on various Internet browsers and to clear the cookies and cache of some common web-browsers, follow the below-explained steps:
- Launch Google Chrome and try to locate three dots present on the right hand
- Select clear browsing data option available on the device
- Now check if the sync between the Time range list and all-time menu watch is done correctly
- Mark the checkboxes for other site data, Cookies, Cached images and files
- Finally, clean on the clear data option
Solution 4: Download Your Latest Transactions Manually
On getting 504 gateway timeout QuickBooks issues, you may not be able to access your financial transactions. However, if you want to download your latest transactions manually, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the Banking menu in the first place
- Now select the account you want to update
- After that, click Update option
Sometimes, you may get duplicate entries in the downloaded transactions page, and to exclude them, you can perform the below-given steps:
- Go the Banking page and click the Review tab
- Now locate and mark the duplicate entries
- Select Batch actions drop-down menu and then click Exclude selected
Need Instant Technical Leisure!
If you have any difficulty in performing these troubleshooting steps and need as expert’s assistance, dial our error helpline number (800)-579-9430. It will connect you with one of our dedicated QuickBooks experts who will assist you in resolving QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error.