QuickBooks enables you to store and access your company records, and you can backup your critical financial data to prevent any data loss or disruption. You can set up automatic backups, scheduled backups, and backup reminders to ensure the utmost security level for your company file. However, you might experience QuickBooks automatic backup not working issue. You set an automatic backup to run, and it doesn’t work. In this post, we will discuss in details about the QuickBooks not backing up automatically issue and fix the possible causes behind the error using handy solutions.
Feeling the need for expert’s assistance on experiencing QuickBooks Point of Sale scheduled backup not working issue. Dial our support number 1.800.579.9430 to get swift help
Possible Reasons For QuickBooks Enterprise Automatic Backup Not Working Issue?
Below are some possible reasons that can give rise to QuickBooks automatic backup failure issue:
- Compatibility issues between QuickBooks application and Windows version. For instance, you are working on Windows 10, while QuickBooks is configured for Windows XP or other versions.
- Improperly configured backup schedule in QuickBooks.
- If you are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop software, auto backups not working QuickBooks issue can take place.
- Automatic backup failure in QuickBooks also occur due to a damaged QuickBooks company file.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Scheduled Backup Error?
Knowing the possible causes behind the QuickBooks automatic backup not working issue can make the troubleshooting procedure easier. To get rid of the backup error in QuickBooks, follow the below-given solutions carefully:
An outdated version of the QuickBooks application is more likely to promote QuickBooks scheduled backup failed issue. To get rid of this issue, you need to update QuickBooks to the latest version. You can follow our comprehensive article on how to update QuickBooks to the latest release. Jump to the next solution if the error persists after updating the application.
QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Data utilities work together to identify and fix the data damage issues in the QuickBooks company file. To make them work:
- Launch QuickBooks and select Utilities from under the File tab
- Now select Verify Data option from the drop-down list.
- Let the selected utility scan your QuickBooks company file to look for corruption or damage.
- If QuickBooks displays “Your Data has Lost Integrity”, it depicts, your company data is damaged.
- Go to File again and select Rebuild Data from the Utilities drop-down menu.
- When the Backup Company Data popup window appears, click OK to take a backup of your company file data.
- Hit OK and wait until the QuickBooks Rebuild Data Tool repairs damaged data in the QuickBooks application
- When you see the message Rebuild has Completed, click OK and check if the QuickBooks automatic backup not working issue is resolved. If not, try the next solution.
QuickBooks scheduled backup not working issue can also be resulted due to improper backup settings. Make sure that you have logged in as Administrator on Windows to access the folders required to save the backup file. After checking the scheduled automatic backup settings in QuickBooks, see if the backup is working properly or not. If the QuickBooks automatic backup not working issue continues to trouble, run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to fix the damaged installation of the QuickBooks application.
Feeling The Need For Expert’s Assistance!
The solutions described in this post can fix QuickBooks backup not working Windows 10 issue. However, you can save yourself from the hassles of error-resolution by acquiring step-by-step troubleshooting assistance from certified QuickBooks experts. Dial our support number 1.800.579.9430 and get QuickBooks automatic backup not working issue resolved instantly.