Printing in QuickBooks is an essential feature that helps users to print forms, paychecks, and various other documents within the program. However, there are multi-faceted printing issues that users report every now and then. One such error message while printing you may get is- “Component Required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing windows 10.” This is a daunting error message that may leave users perplexed about which component is causing the error. In this blog, we will discuss the possible causes and troubleshooting procedures for the QuickBooks PDF component missing error.
Cannot print PDF Invoices in QuickBooks? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to get rid of the error instantly
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Missing Pdf Component Error Message?
The most apparent reasons behind “Component Required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing” issue are listed in below-given points-
- An outdated, missing, or damaged Adobe Reader application can bring forth the QuickBooks missing component PDF error.
- If you haven’t updated your QuickBooks Desktop software to the latest release, then the error may occur while printing documents.
- Microsoft XPS Document Writer is disabled in the Windows settings.
How To Fix “QuickBooks Component Required For PDF Print” Error Message?
Now that you are aware of the possible causes of the error, you may suppress them to get rid of the annoying print error in QuickBooks. Perform the below-given troubleshooting solutions with full care and attention to ensure the efficacy of the steps.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop to Rectify the Error
Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version in the first place to resolve the Component required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing issue. Check our detailed article on how to update QuickBooks to the latest release and check if the error persists. It may or may not resolve the issue, but ensures that the program is functioning with its utmost efficiency and other issues that may affect the troubleshooting are removed. However, if you face difficulties updating the QuickBooks Desktop application using the instructions listed in the linked article, you can follow the instructions listed below to update the application by manually downloading and installing the updates.
Update QuickBooks Outside The Program
If you want to get the update outside the QuickBooks program, then visit the QuickBooks Download and Update web-page and proceed further using the steps listed below:-
- Click the QuickBooks Desktop drop-down arrow and choose the product from the given list.
- Now fill Country, Product & Version areas then click on Search.
- Hit Get the Latest Updates and select Save to download the file on your preferred location.
Install the downloaded file to get the job done. If you cannot print PDF invoices in QuickBooks even after updating the program, then jump to the next solution.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair Tool to Resolve the Error
QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair Tool is specifically designed to resolve a number of Print & PDF related errors.
Step 1) Download & Install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system
- At first, Press Alt + F4 keys on your keyboard to close QuickBooks program if it’s running.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub’s most updated version, which is currently 188.8.131.52, to get the best results.
Note: In case QuickBooks Tool Hub is already installed on your system, you need to check which version of QB Tool Hub you have and then compare it to the latest version ( 184.108.40.206). If it’s of an older version, make sure to update it to the latest version otherwise, you might not get the expected results. To check the version of your QB Tool Hub, you need to click on the Home tab and look at the bottom-right corner of the drop-down menu where the version will be mentioned.
- Now, double-click the QB Tool Hub file you’ve just downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the instructions that you see on your computer screen and at last, give your consent to the terms and conditions to complete the installation.
Step 2) Run QuickBooks PDF & Printed Repair Tool from QB Tool Hub
- Open QB Tool Hub and click on the Program Problems tab.
- Look for QuickBooks PDF & Printed Repair Tool, select it and let the tool run.
- Once the tool is done repairing PDF & Printed related errors, try to print PDF invoices.
Solution 3: Update/Fix a Damaged Adobe Acrobat Reader
In this procedure, we will try to fix a damaged or outdated version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader which is a prominent cause of getting issues while printing from QuickBooks. Follow the below-given steps to install the latest update for Adobe Reader-
- Click Start icon and type Adobe in the search area.
- Select Adobe Reader from the top of the list.
- Now select Check for Updates from underneath the Help tab.
- Follow the instructions to install the file.
Now follow the steps to repair the Adobe Reader:
- In the first place, quit all applications running on the computer.
- Press Windows + R and then type appwiz.cpl in the runbox.
- Double-click Adobe Reader and select Uninstall/Change.
- Click Next >> Repair.
- Again, Next >> Install.
- Hit Finish to accomplish the task.
After updating and repairing the Adobe Reader, if you are still getting “QuickBooks cannot complete the current action due to a missing component” prompt, then try the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 4: Enable Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Turn on XPS Document Writer from Microsoft windows settings to fix the “component Required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing” issue by using below-given steps-
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard and type appwiz.cpl in the search area.
- Hit Enter and now from the left side panel on the screen, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Confirm that the checkbox against Microsoft XPS Document Writer is marked.
Now try to print from QuickBooks once again to check if the “component required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing” error is resolved.
Solution 5: Reset Permissions for your TEMP Folder
There might be some permission issues with your TEMP (temporary) folder due to which QuickBooks is failing to access the component required for PDF Print. You can reset Temp folder permissions by following the below-mentioned steps that will help you fix the “Component Required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing” error.
Step 1) Set Temp Folder Permissions to Full Control
- Open the RUN command window by pressing Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- In the dialog box, you need to type “%TEMP%” and hit the Enter key.
- In the Temp folder, right-click on the empty area and select the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Security tab.
- On the Security tab, you need to make sure that all user names and groups have Full Control.
In case you need to set the permission for any user name or group to Full Control
- On the Security tab, click on the Edit option and then select the user or group name.
- Now, mark the Allow checkbox next to Full Control.
- At last, you need to click on the OK button to save the change that you have made.
Step 2) Verify you are able to Print to XPS (Only for Save as PDF and Email Issues)
- Open the Windows Start menu, type “Notepad” in the search bar, and open Notepad.
- In Notepad, type “Test 1”.
- Go to the File menu and select the Print option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you need to select XPS Document Writer and then hit the Print button.
- Give the file a name and locate it on your Windows desktop.
- On the desktop, view the XPS document you have printed from your notepad.
Need Helping For Component Required for Pdf Print from QuickBooks is missing windows 10!
Dial our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.417.5147 and get in touch with a dedicated QB Pro. Backed by extensive experience in troubleshooting QuickBooks issues, our experts provide the most relevant solution for a given situation. When you brief “component required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing” issue, it gets resolved in a minute’s notice.